460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have or know where i can get the plate that goes between the engine and the bellhousing. i am using a scattershield. i got one off this website, but its not thick enough. thanks, pete

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
CALL 812-273-4342 HOURS 9.00 TO 6 PM ASK FOR JACK

-RICH

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
i would try Lakewood first, never seen a stock plate fit a scatershield correct. make your own, get a piece of cold roll in the gage you need, doing it this way also can take care of a mid plate if needed

·
Registered
39 Posts
RE: 429 Scattershield block plate................

I tried to buy one from Lakewood to go with THEIR scattershield but they said that they used ALL of their 429/460 plates with their housings and could / would not sell one separately. Ironically, you can buy a plate from them for a SBF or an FE for about $50.00 /$70.00. I ended up buying several plates from McLeod that goes with their housings but you will need to trim a lot of excess material off around the edges or it looks like crap. I think they get about $100.00 for their plates. This happened about 2 months ago so maybe things have changed by now, it is worth a call to Lakewood directly to find out. It sure sucks !!!!!
Rick

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
block plate 429

thanks guys, i emailed lakewood and they say they have the plate i need. they gave me a phone number to call 216-688-8300 ext.313, if anyone else needs one. thanks again stang14

1 - 7 of 7 Posts