460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am not shure? but i think they are differnt?
if the c9 has the thicker web's than it will work

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
400.00$
dose it have 4 bolt kit installed?
that price is kinda steep for a bone stock block i think

·
Registered
436 Posts
400 for a stock dove A, is a STEAL if you look on here they have sold for double that with nothing done to them. with 4 bolt caps i have seen them average around 900 to 1000.00 goodluck bargain hunting! everyblock i sell hasbeen magnafluxed and hot tanked so the buyer doesnt have any surprises

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
900-1000 you maybe right but that crazy
if i were gonna spend 900-1000 i would just save a few more $
and buy a aftermarket witch is what i might do unless i find a great deal on a dove block
i would gladly pay 400.00$ if it had 4 bolt caps
i dint mean to say you were asking way to much i am shure it is worth it but i am a bargin hunter but i am just a blue coller man with a famly to support so i have to find good deals

·
Registered
74 Posts
Dove block

Go to craigslist minneapolis!

Reply to: [email protected]
Date: 2007-09-29, 11:06AM CDT

This is an early 70's "A" code block 460 police interceptor motor. I picked this up about a year ago for a project in which I have since sold. I no longer have any use for it but its a solid builder for someone. there is no ridge on the block what so ever. there is a small amount of flash rust from sitting but no damage of any other kind. a person could just take a flex hone and slap rings and bearings in this thing and it would be good to go. it comes with the matching crank, rods, and pistons. I have a set of heads off a late 70's truck motor, that were good runners, but pretty grungy. if someone wants I will throw them in with the motor. $250 takes everything.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 435390035

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright © 2007 craigslist, inc. terms of use privacy policy feedback forum

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
pm sent
i went to craig's list and found your ad
i will take it and pick up tomorro morning

·
Registered
436 Posts
man i hope you get that block that is a great deal and not to far from you i didnt think it was going to be that easy for you to find one cheap and close!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
me neather i guess i should be checking crags list
and i might have found a lincoln with one in it for 100.00$
so i hope between both i find one
but i do have one issue my pc wont let me email
so could someone please email the seller from craigs list for me
and give them my number
320-632-8450
i have been trying all night to get my stupid pc to send email but my pop3? is messed up i guess :cry:
thanxs

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Hey guys, don't be checking Craigslist too much... it's the only place I find deals anymore. Last week... '87 F350 4x4 460 and 4 speed manual with minimal rust, ran good, fresh ball joints, U Joints, brake pads and rotors... for $400. Needs fuel pump (carbed engine so that's cheap) and radiator. Yep, I'm always looking for deals on there and sometimes they show up. A month ago I got a complete EFI 351W with the heads rebuilt. The short block looked good too. The guy I bought it from said he didn't remember why he pulled the engine but he was a tech at a dealership for 13 years. Anyway, it took me about 5 minutes of looking over my treasure to see the thermostat was installed backwards. I need to build and open my own shop.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanxs i rilly appreciate it i will let ya know if he calls
i went to look at a 71 linc this morning for 100.00$ hopeing to get lucky
it dose have dove heads but it is hard to tell but it appers to have a dive block :(
i still might buy it thou heads are worth it
if i dont find one soon your 400.00$ dove block might be a good deal for me i didnt understand how hard it is to find a dove block

·
Registered
74 Posts
DOVE-A

I've tried to PM you and you havent replied! I have been able to contact the person with the block. told him told hold it for me. are you still looking for one? please let me know!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i got your pm
i pm'ed ya back
yes i still want it sorry it took me so long to reply
been working alot and my 2yr old has been keeping me busy playing trucks
yea i will admit it i like to play trucks and make funny motor noises :oops:
thanxs a bunch denny i owa ya one

1 - 20 of 21 Posts