460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need the part numbers for the intake and exhaust valves for the D0VE. Seems the valve stems are smaller than the 11/32" ones I have for the later style heads. Also need source on rocker studs, springs, and rocker arms. I am also interested if someone has some for sale reasonably.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Make sure you get the right length valves too. The 72 and newer use a different length.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I discovered the former owner had knurled the valve guides incorrectly making it impossible to install the .341 stems that were supposed to be installed. I am going to drill out and install a set of SEALED POWER Part # VG5061 so that will take care of that problem. I still need springs, spring locks, studs and rocker arms for these heads.

·
Premium Member
5,565 Posts
...the former owner had knurled the valve guides incorrectly making it impossible to install the .341 stems that were supposed to be installed.
Anything may be fixed in a machine shop. Undersized guides are regularly honed to size and that's all yours will likely need. If they need more than that, then K-liner guide inserts are your next feasible option, then guide replacement, etc. It's no big deal and all the options are perfectly fine provided the current situation lends itself to the option chosen.

I still need springs, spring locks, studs and rocker arms for these heads.
If it's the OEM rocker arms that you want, then we have them (all those OEM valave train parts that you mentioned). No longer available new, we can put together a used set for you if this is what you must do.

Call if interested,

Paul

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
anyone know the valve height setup for the stock DOVE 429 head?..I know it's different than the 1972 onwARD ONE.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
still looking for stock valve heights...we have to cut in a set of hardened seats and need to know the installed valve heights on these old heads. I know they are different from the 1972 onward that I can find. If someone has this info, it would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
67 Posts
what do you mean by valve height(length from the guide to the end of the valve?) I have a set of stock 460 d0ve heads i can measure mine for you

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yes but I think the machinist is more concerned from the top of the deck to the end of the valve...top of the guide would be helpful also...thank you very much...we need tom know this info before we cut in the new seats:D

·
Registered
67 Posts
with seat installed to tip of factory ford valve (exh) 1.20
int. the same

tip of the valve guide to the tip if the exh valve is 1.402
int. 1.40
I know I only had .518 clearance before contact with the seat, and I want at least .650 so I have a log way to go... lol

cant get a measure on from deck height.. hope this helps

1 - 15 of 15 Posts