460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

If any of you have some old 429/460 Ford Duraspark distributors laying around, I'd like to buy some. I specifically want the 429/460 distributors, I know the 351 C will interchange by changing the gear, but there is also a height difference.

I want the distributors made by Motorcraft (vendor) with the round post, not the triangular shaped post. You will see the Motorcraft logo on the side of the housing and then most often you see a number such as; 12127. These distributors measure about 3 5/8ths (3.625) inches, from where the base meets the top of the block, to the distributor cap surface.

I do not care whether they are the old points style 429/460 distributors, or the newer magnetic pick-up style distributors. PM me, e-mail me, or call (270)685-4654

Thanks,
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,957 Posts
c.evans said:
Hey guys,

If any of you have some old 429/460 Ford Duraspark distributors laying around, I'd like to buy some. I specifically want the 429/460 distributors, I know the 351 C will interchange by changing the gear, but there is also a height difference.

I want the distributors made by Motorcraft (vendor) with the round post, not the triangular shaped post. You will see the Motorcraft logo on the side of the housing and then most often you see a number such as; 12127. These distributors measure about 3 5/8ths (3.625) inches, from where the base meets the top of the block, to the distributor cap surface.

I do not care whether they are the old points style 429/460 distributors, or the newer magnetic pick-up style distributors. PM me, e-mail me, or call (270)685-4654

Thanks,
Charlie,

The 351C/M/400 distributor gear placement is the same as the 429/460. I know this for an absolute fact, as I have swapped distributors between the two engines without changing anything but the advance curve.

Perhaps you're thinking about the 351W distributors?

Anyway, at least you have a bigger pool of cores to pull from than you thought initially!

Greg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
955 Posts
]

I think Charlie is refering to the height of the housing. And from the conversations I've had with him they clear his A-460 tunnel on the C heads pretty well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
if mine is the type you want, you can have it for the cost of shipping when i switch over to MSD pretty soon.

i will let you know.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
8,522 Posts
c.evans said:
Hey guys,

If any of you have some old 429/460 Ford Duraspark distributors laying around, I'd like to buy some. I specifically want the 429/460 distributors, I know the 351 C will interchange by changing the gear, but there is also a height difference.

I want the distributors made by Motorcraft (vendor) with the round post, not the triangular shaped post. You will see the Motorcraft logo on the side of the housing and then most often you see a number such as; 12127. These distributors measure about 3 5/8ths (3.625) inches, from where the base meets the top of the block, to the distributor cap surface.

I do not care whether they are the old points style 429/460 distributors, or the newer magnetic pick-up style distributors. PM me, e-mail me, or call (270)685-4654

Thanks,
Got 7 of them....$2,300.00 each .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,979 Posts
Lem Evans said:
c.evans said:
Hey guys,

If any of you have some old 429/460 Ford Duraspark distributors laying around, I'd like to buy some. I specifically want the 429/460 distributors, I know the 351 C will interchange by changing the gear, but there is also a height difference.

I want the distributors made by Motorcraft (vendor) with the round post, not the triangular shaped post. You will see the Motorcraft logo on the side of the housing and then most often you see a number such as; 12127. These distributors measure about 3 5/8ths (3.625) inches, from where the base meets the top of the block, to the distributor cap surface.

I do not care whether they are the old points style 429/460 distributors, or the newer magnetic pick-up style distributors. PM me, e-mail me, or call (270)685-4654

Thanks,
Got 7 of them....$2,300.00 each .

:?: :?: :?:
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
8,522 Posts
jbozzelle said:
Lem Evans said:
c.evans said:
Hey guys,

If any of you have some old 429/460 Ford Duraspark distributors laying around, I'd like to buy some. I specifically want the 429/460 distributors, I know the 351 C will interchange by changing the gear, but there is also a height difference.

I want the distributors made by Motorcraft (vendor) with the round post, not the triangular shaped post. You will see the Motorcraft logo on the side of the housing and then most often you see a number such as; 12127. These distributors measure about 3 5/8ths (3.625) inches, from where the base meets the top of the block, to the distributor cap surface.

I do not care whether they are the old points style 429/460 distributors, or the newer magnetic pick-up style distributors. PM me, e-mail me, or call (270)685-4654

Thanks,
Got 7 of them....$2,300.00 each .

:?: :?: :?:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Greg,

Maybe I am thinking 351W. Can't remember for sure. Like Travis said, the main thing I'm looking for is that housing length of 3.625". It seems to take 2 or 3 cores in order to make one good rebuilt distributor.

Lem,

As usual,,,you're the class clown! :p Still in the 8th grade! So sad :(

On a different note. Racers Party at Jackie's Garage tomorrow. He said the pretty blonde party girl will be there with her "friend". :lol: Call Ronnie and invite him and the also the Fabulous One.

Later,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,718 Posts
Lem Evans said:
jbozzelle said:
Lem Evans said:
c.evans said:
Hey guys,

If any of you have some old 429/460 Ford Duraspark distributors laying around, I'd like to buy some. I specifically want the 429/460 distributors, I know the 351 C will interchange by changing the gear, but there is also a height difference.

I want the distributors made by Motorcraft (vendor) with the round post, not the triangular shaped post. You will see the Motorcraft logo on the side of the housing and then most often you see a number such as; 12127. These distributors measure about 3 5/8ths (3.625) inches, from where the base meets the top of the block, to the distributor cap surface.

I do not care whether they are the old points style 429/460 distributors, or the newer magnetic pick-up style distributors. PM me, e-mail me, or call (270)685-4654

Thanks,
Got 7 of them....$2,300.00 each .

:?: :?: :?:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
lem evans ?

lem how many do you want? if old 429 / 460 distributors are your thing.... let me now how many you need real #'s not too much bull , might trade a bucket full for some entertainment at the race in april.


craig wilson
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
8,522 Posts
Re: lem evans ?

craig wilson said:
lem how many do you want? if old 429 / 460 distributors are your thing.... let me now how many you need real #'s not too much bull , might trade a bucket full for some entertainment at the race in april.


craig wilson
Charlie is the one wanting the dizzys :wink:
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top