Registered
9 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
forgot to add this link as well

this is a list of parts to help ease the conversion

http://www.ncspecialties.com/autobody/460/index.htm

the mounts in the link in the other poster are solid mounts no insulation from engine noise and vibrations

the perches I listed allows the use of OEM parts so when a insulator fails you can go to any parts store and buy a new one for around 20 bucks verses sending it back for warrenty and waiting a couple of weeks to get a new one

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
How do the 2 wheel drive engine stands work on a 79 F150 4x4?

·
Registered
562 Posts
I've got a 79 F250 4x4 frame that I'm parting out. I dunno what engine was in it, but here's a pic. If anyone can tell you they're 460, they'll go $40 shipped to 48 states
this is easy
those are 351M/400 frame perches and what is left of the insulators

4x4 ford never seen a 460 until 1983 from the factory

·
Registered
562 Posts
the Anchors and insulators work from 1983-1997 460 Fseries 2wd or 4wd

most wrecking yards prolly have a set of anchors in the engine core pile or on the shelf
it seems that ford discontinued this part you could try your local dealer may have a set in stock

if availibity of the anchor proves to difficult I will prolly start making them as well

the frame perches I build and sell

currently I have one set left for leaf spring frames

I have 6 sets of coil spring style

·
Registered
123 Posts
mounts

hey if you dont mind a solid mount you can take those mounts from the m and strip the rubber. then take the side from a 460 and strip the motor side and weld them together. thats what i did and been using them for years ..

·
Registered
400 Posts
here is a cheap way if you dont have to much power. this works for a 460 swap in to trucks that came with a 351m/400. use motor mounts for a 65 galaxie with a 390. swap them side for side from where they would have gone on the 390. and only use 2 of the bolt holes. use your original 351 towers. i have done this on 4 different trucks of my own and have 2 friends that have done it with success. the mounts go for about $15 at the local parts store.

barry

·
Registered
562 Posts
here is a cheap way if you dont have to much power. this works for a 460 swap in to trucks that came with a 351m/400. use motor mounts for a 65 galaxie with a 390. swap them side for side from where they would have gone on the 390. and only use 2 of the bolt holes. use your original 351 towers. i have done this on 4 different trucks of my own and have 2 friends that have done it with success. the mounts go for about $15 at the local parts store.

barry
I had a nieghbor that did this he replace that 390 mount everytime he cobbed on the throttle of his truck bone stock 460 they lasted as long as he babied the truck

·
Registered
180 Posts
79 f250

I had a 79 f250 2wheeler that some one had put a460 in the truck is gone but still have the mount that bolted to the block and then had a thru bolt that went into arubber isulater tha bolted to the frame is that of any use to any one just asken????????

·
Registered
562 Posts
I had a 79 f250 2wheeler that some one had put a460 in the truck is gone but still have the mount that bolted to the block and then had a thru bolt that went into arubber isulater tha bolted to the frame is that of any use to any one just asken????????
that sounds like you have part of the 2wd factory mount 460s did come in any 2wd in the 70s

1 - 19 of 19 Posts