460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a company that builds headers with Cobra Jet port flanges for '73-'79 F series two wheel drive? Thanks. Bruce

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Try L&L Products in Tx. They probably make the best truck headers out there. Their web site is lnlproducts.com. Good luck.

Doug... 8)

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
OOOOHHHHHH Yeah :p

Doug... 8)

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys but I'm unable to find CJ port style on either LandL or Hookers websites. Any other suggestions? Bruce

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
The only ones I know are custom made.

You won't find any for a 2wd other than for a production head. Headman makes a Cj style 2" for the 4wd's but not for the 2wd. I have been looking for a while now.
Hooker makes a production style 1-7/8" (largest I have found) and Headman, L&L and others make 1-3/4" for the 2wd.

·
Registered
60 Posts
C. J. Hedders

I have a 67 1/2 ton truck and am unable to find anyone that makes a hedder for a truck with c. j. flanges. I bought a set of B.T. heads with chevy exaust ports and had a set of hedders custom made. I believe that is the only way to go ( cost is in the 1200 dollar range ). They are fender well and look great

Good luck
Bob

·
Registered
765 Posts
Bob, you have any pictures you'd like to share?? Sounds like there's several of us here that have a BBF in 65-79 frame. I have a 67 1/2 ton as well, and would love to see ya'lls trucks. Anybody else too....
thanks
mike

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
hedman hustler also makes some i ran them on a 71 frame they were fender wall exit's i was impressed with them for an off the shelf header i think they were 1 7/8 x 3 collector they were around 350-400$

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
backwoods said:
hedman hustler also makes some i ran them on a 71 frame they were fender wall exit's i was impressed with them for an off the shelf header i think they were 1 7/8 x 3 collector they were around 350-400$
2wd or 4wd?

I don't understand why no one has made 2"- 2-1/4" headers for the 2wd yet? (production line)

·
Registered
147 Posts
There is a guy in Allen Michigan (about 50 miles directly south of Lansing that does headers for all the Ford vehicle. He made me a set of cobra jet flanged, 2" primary, fenderwell exit headers for my 1991 F150 with 460 engine. He makes them for any Ford car car and truck. He markets it under maddog headers and his phone number is (517) 869-2308.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts