460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone got on that isnt drilled for nos i dont mind if it is ported as long as it wasnt butcherd

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how dose that one compare to the edelbrock? i might be intersted i will go on ford raceing and check it out
thanxs for replying

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
o ic well it lists for 350.00 so 310 with shipping is a good deal but i am still looking for cheaper gonna cut a few corners here and there
thanxs anyhow

·
Banned
4,325 Posts
you know thats a really good deal on that intake.

you guy's keep cutting corners and all you will have is a round ball, like everyone says you get what you pay for.

Bret is a great guy to deal with he offered you a screaming deal, but yet you still want to go cheaper.

I hope you find one someone is throwing away
Randy

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i do agree but a new ecelbrock victor 4500 flang is 299 new so it would be about 310 with handeling and if there is no differnce then? the main reason why i am trying to cut cornors is cause i wanna go to a A head next year and sell this motor
if there is something better about the ford victor let me know i am still intersted i just do so how it is a screaming deal if it is the same intake as the edelbrock?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Let's see, $310 for my more expensive "Ford" piece or $310 for the standard Edelbrock piece. How will you be cutting corners ordering the $299 piece and paying shipping too?

Some people will pay a little more for the "Ford" logo. But, I thought I'd offer since you asked!

Thanks, Bret

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanxs brett and if i decide to go with a new intake i would be very intersted since it would cost the same as if i ordeed a eld for summit or? i was just courious if there was any benifit of going with the ford motorsports intake? i hope to get my mind made up soon like possibly by friday cause i need to get the ball rolling on the top end i will let ya know eather way and of course i would rather have it say ford than eld. but it isnt a screaming deal it is worth what your asking and i thanx you for the offer i will get back to you with in the next few days

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
265.00 for a new one in flatlander raceing now that might be a better deal and myself i dont care if it says ford or edelbrock if it is the same intake why pay more? sorry bret thanxs for the offer but i think i made my mind up unless you wanna sell me your intake for 275 cause it is only 10 bucks to ship this one

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
No problem, that's a significant savings! Now if you could only get Flatlander to come here and give free advice like so many vendors on this site do!

I'll keep my intake for wall decoration...thank you!

Bret

·
Banned
4,325 Posts
backwoods said:
265.00 for a new one in flatlander raceing now that might be a better deal and myself i dont care if it says ford or edelbrock if it is the same intake why pay more? sorry bret thanxs for the offer but i think i made my mind up unless you wanna sell me your intake for 275 cause it is only 10 bucks to ship this one

you should remember that next time you need information from the guy's on this sight, and then you can call flatlander and ask them how to fix your broken car!

I very much appreciate all the guy's on this sight and I support them for they do not have to come here and give free help. and smile while they do. I will do my buying from the guy's here and I support them, and I have and will continue to.

Thank you very much
Randy

oh and I will say Bret is one of the nicest guy's I have delt with a real stand up guy.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well i do my buying from the place that is the best deal have i said anything about bret? you have sais a few times now how great of a guy bret is i am not questioning that i was just looking for a used intake my question is why do you feel the need to post on a tread you have nothing to do with or do you have or know of a intake? i dont think bret is offended by any way? so in other words couger i dont wanna piss anyone off and i come here first if i am looking for a part but if i can find the same part somewere else cheaper than that is what i am gonna do that seems to bother couger not the guy that offerd me a part just couger :roll: thaxns again bret if i had a motor that was somthing i wanted to show off a bit i would buy your intake in a heart beat

·
Registered
6 Posts
BACKWOODS - I KNOW WHAT YOUR SAYING ABOUT SAVING $$$$ BUT YOU SHOULD ALSO REMEMBER THAT THESE SAME PEOPLE THAT MAY WANT A LITTLE MORE FOR THERE PRODUCT HAVE SAVED A LOT OF PEOPLE A TON OF $$$$$ WITH THERE ADVICE!!! I KNOW THAT SINCE I'V FOUND THIS SITE THE B.S. OF TRIAL & ERROR DON'T HAPPEN LIKE IT DID BEFORE. JUST MY 2 CENTS WORTH

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yea i hear what your saying big time i guess i havent thought about it like that i guess i am just trying to save as much as i can cause i am on a tight budget sorry about that guy's it suxs beening poor
hey brett you still have it? pm me if ya do

·
Registered
242 Posts
You idiot

Randy - why don't you buy this M-sport intake for 310? You're so into supporting this guy and its such a 'screamin deal' as you say, buy it. Send him the money and your address...Steve Face it - the guy overpaid for the intake since ned Ed's a re cheaper...

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Re: You idiot

Steve Vardion said:
Randy - why don't you buy this M-sport intake for 310? You're so into supporting this guy and its such a 'screamin deal' as you say, buy it. Send him the money and your address...Steve Face it - the guy overpaid for the intake since ned Ed's a re cheaper...
Mr. Steve Vardion,

You don't need to be calling anybody an idiot, especially Randy or Bret either one! I'm looking at the latest Summit catalog and they have the Edelbrock Victor with 4500 flange # 2965 for $310. Then they add their usual $8.95 handling charge on to that, so we're looking at $319. Likewise they have the Edelbrock Victor with standard flange # 2966 for $298, again add the $8.95 handling charge and we're looking at $307. I'm sure the Jeg's prices are very similiar. So,,,, (trying to understand your mispelled words) the new Edelbrocks are not cheaper. Who's the idiot now?

Randy's point is that it's probally not "politically correct" or "polite manners" for somebody to come on here and ask for free advice, from respected Ford engine builders and then turn around and find the cheapest whore internet price he can in order to buy parts. Backwoods has already said that Flatlander has screwed up part of his order in another post, and Bret offered him an identical Motorsports H-429 Victor manifold at a fair market price, so he (Bret) didn't screw up as you say. Randy is saying, that if you are going to buy from Flatlander and such companies, then ask them the tech questions.

IMO you need to apologize to both Randy & Bret.

Sincerely,

·
Banned
4,325 Posts

Steve Vardion said:

Well because I have 2 now and mine cost 395 from Edelbrick plus shipping, I was the guy that got him convinced to build them and it still cost me full price.

I know if i didn't have several I would buy it in a heart beat

Randy

·
Banned
4,325 Posts

c.evans said:
Steve Vardion said:
Mr. Steve Vardion,

You don't need to be calling anybody an idiot, especially Randy or Bret either one! I'm looking at the latest Summit catalog and they have the Edelbrock Victor with 4500 flange # 2965 for $310. Then they add their usual $8.95 handling charge on to that, so we're looking at $319. Likewise they have the Edelbrock Victor with standard flange # 2966 for $298, again add the $8.95 handling charge and we're looking at $307. I'm sure the Jeg's prices are very similiar. So,,,, (trying to understand your mispelled words) the new Edelbrocks are not cheaper. Who's the idiot now?

Randy's point is that it's probally not "politically correct" or "polite manners" for somebody to come on here and ask for free advice, from respected Ford engine builders and then turn around and find the cheapest whore internet price he can in order to buy parts. Backwoods has already said that Flatlander has screwed up part of his order in another post, and Bret offered him an identical Motorsports H-429 Victor manifold at a fair market price, so he (Bret) didn't screw up as you say. Randy is saying, that if you are going to buy from Flatlander and such companies, then ask them the tech questions.

IMO you need to apologize to both Randy & Bret.

Sincerely,

Charlie what some people don't understand is that if they had to buy this info that everyone on here gives so freely, They would be in the hole.. I try to help these guy's out for the simple reason I have done some these and I wish someone would have helped me out for I like many of you have spent bunches of bucks finding out what will and won't work.

I still ask questions to guy's on here and I really wish to thank you and many others for the help you give.

Randy

·
Registered
242 Posts
OK

Look;

Sorry for offending anyone. We got some tough news last night on a personal note, and I was in no mood this morning to see somebody trying to push somebody into doing something they didnt want to do. I still dont. When you buy from Summit, you can return it if you so choose. The point I was making is sellingf somthing you own for new price is usually tough - usually its marked down 20%...proof: The guy still has this - it hasn't sold yet. Who would buy from a stranger when you can buy from Summit. Does he have that cool bubble-wrap stuff? And stickers? Joking...I'll buy from Summit anyday before buying from an individual for sheer protection. The idea of 'paying' someone hard cash for advise...it don't work that way...sorry...this guy, maybe very knowlegable, aint worth paying. Even people like Kasse (and many others like Dave McClain & many many others) give great advise for free...thats just life. Its tough to make a living at this...in my opinion. Cash is cash...you get metal parts for the least amount of cash you can, and get free advise at places like this. If youre looking for getting paid for your advise here, perhaps you're looking in the wrong place.
We just put a 385 into a '69 Cougar; we TIG welded a set of hooker 6210 2-1/8 headers (highly modified) to fit the chassis. Did you run the 2" conversion headers? We havent run it yet at the dragstrip, but we expect about 125 mph from it...its about 550 HP and full-weight. Nothing hard-core, but a 385 powered '69 Cougar.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts