460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, maybe someone has these laying around.

I need to complete my setup for the 460 swap into my 68 F-100. They are factory parts. The parts I am talking about are the frame perches, motor mounts, and engine mounts. Three pieces per side from 73-79 2wd F-series pickup trucks.

I actually have the frame perches already, and I can get the motor mounts from the parts stores, but I need the engine mounts to complete my setup.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Are they made or rubber? 1 hole on each corner and a stud in the middle. If so i think i have a set. If this is not what you are talking about then it goes to show you what i no.

·
Registered
36 Posts
You may think I'm nuts,but I used the motor mounts from a 390 ltd to put a 460 in a 79 f150 that came with a 351m. Had to drill the holes where the mount bolted to the block and used a 1/8 inch washer between the mount and stool.Worked perfect,ran it for years before I pulled the motor and sold the truck.Back when I did this the 460 mounts were exspensive and the 390 mounts were only 15 bucks each.Some of that good ole backyard ingenuity! lol
As a matter of fact Charlie Evans has this motor with the mounts still on it if he hasn't torn into it yet.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Ihave the clamshells that mount to the motor they came out of my 78 F250 with 460 if you want them $25.00 plus shipping 49615 zip

1 - 6 of 6 Posts