460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you guys know where I can get a longer STOCK throttle cable from? Mine is just a little too short, it's off a 1985 GT. I don't want an after market cable unless I have to get one as a last resort.

Are the cables on the older mustangs a little bit longer than the cables on a foxbody?

My carburetor is a Dominator...Thanks

I had to take the valve covers off in order to get the cable on!

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Ive run into this problem before. I dont remember what I used on that car. Might look for an OLDER model cable.. see how long they are.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Check and see if you can find a cable from a truck. I believe they're longer. I'll look in my stash, I may have an extra one. LMK if you can't find one...

Doug... 8)

·
Registered
846 Posts
You might want to check out a cable for a 4cylinder Fox. Seems I rememeber them being longer.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ThndrChkn said:
Check and see if you can find a cable from a truck. I believe they're longer. I'll look in my stash, I may have an extra one. LMK if you can't find one...
Doug... 8)
No I can't find one, I will buy yours if you find it. Thanks

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Agree with Doug. A mech link with an adjustable slip fit setup like his is the way to go. Gives you a lot more adjustability & makes it easier to use many different carbs/intakes without having to make new rods every time.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Doug Rahn said:
Can you go with a rod type linkage? I had a cable on mine but I just didn't like the feel of it and I figured one day it was going to break at the worst time and lose a race. So I went with and adjustable rod linkage.

Doug, damn nice throttle linkage. Where did you get the rubber boot w/retainer ring for the linkage. I really like that. I wouldn't mind one on my car. :D

·
Registered
188 Posts
I bought a Lokar cable fo rmy Mustang. My car was a 4cylinder car and that cable is way to long.

On my Falcon we made a rod. I like the feel of the linkage than the cable.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I'm using a mid 70's Lincoln 460 throttle cable on my 89

Mustang.I don't have a Dominator carb,i'm using a 1000 cfm 4150 style carb.

Later Mark.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts