460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dealership I work "Northeast Lincoln Mercury" is officially out of business. This was the the regions number one selling dealer for 2007 and 2008, but due to the economy we could no longer make it. This has been a Lincoln Mercury dealer since 1954 and I've worked here since I got out of high school in 1969. I've been Parts Mgr. since 1981. 39 years here at 57 years old I never dreamed this would happen.

Thanx, Ray Jermyn Sr. :evil:

·
Registered
456 Posts
Sorry to hear that Ray. I hear it all too much and it affects everyone I know. I think no one on this board likes to hear this. We all hope for the best ,.. the alternative...? Tres..

·
Registered
69 Posts
we just had a dealership here in tulsa get shut down this week also, sucks to leave these people w/o a job during the holidays

·
Registered
371 Posts
my understanding is that Ford and gm will follow suit with Chrysler

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Ford has said that they have enough money to take them thru 2009. Hopefully you can pick up a decent job to carry you until your SS and retirement can take over. Best of luck :cry: Rick

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
BBFmavrick said:
Ford has said that they have enough money to take them thru 2009. Hopefully you can pick up a decent job to carry you until your SS and retirement can take over. Best of luck :cry: Rick
They just cut Focus production back permanently, by roughly one third.

39 years! I can't even imagine. I hope you find something else that is comfortable for you. This seems to be the Christmas trend this year, nearly everybody I know around here is jobless. :cry:

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
BBFmavrick said:
Ford has said that they have enough money to take them thru 2009. Rick
yes, but you can believe they are watching whats happening with GM and Chrysler very closely. You know they are gonna make "adjustments" before it's too late for them. As for the dealers closing, very few dealers are actually owned by FMC. They are mostly "licensed franchises" so it's regarded as just another small business going under. Still sucks though and I hope you can find a replacement job soon..

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
Being I work at a dealership I truely hate to hear this.

I know our sales are down but the service dept is rockin'. Our saving grace may also be the nearest dealership is some 40 miles away, so we have a pretty good location in that aspect. I cant help but think you get a bunch of um crammed together there cant be enough busuness the spread out nowadays.

We had a rough patch back right before the 6.0 came out, seems the service manager was hell bent on running off all of our customers.

Our building is old, not real modern, decently but not overly equiped. I would think the overhead couldnt be to bad lol, but you never know. The owner is pretty well off, the brother owns a bank in the next town, the momma is loaded beyond any of our wildeset dreams.

As stated I'm sorry to hear the news, seems there are more of these posts poppping up all around. Hang tough everyone.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Ray, sorry to hear the bad news. I'm 56 and have been out since October. The job market is real bad right now. This is the second time for me in the past year. Hang in there buddy, something will come, it just takes time.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Sorry to hear that. The dealership we bought my wife's car at is very old as well and their car sales are low but their service bays are always full. We drive 30 miles (I have 3 other Ford dealerships closer) because of the great service. I really hope they stay in business. The one with the worst service will probably be the one that survives with my luck.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Man, that sucks, hate to hear it. I feel your pain, I haven't had any steady work for coming up on 18 months, got some today, digging out earth from a foundation for a basement crack! Hope things work out for you, I think everyone is going to get hit in one way or another until things start getting better...... :evil:

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Lem Evans said:
Phantasea466 said:
That really BLOWS!
20 + years of buying Jap/Korean/whatever cars......blows .
Thank you NAFTA....! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Doug... 8)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts