460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to say that I am a Ford Man, as were my fathers before me. What we need to do is educate the rest of the population. You too can help at home by educating others and by ignoring one small block Chevy everyday. When someone comes into your shop or other place of employment and asks something unforgivable like "say bro do you have a water pump for a 350", respond first with a look like your going to rip their head off. If that doesn’t work see how their feet like the hot tank. (Please consult local laws before applying feet to hot tank)

·
Registered
618 Posts
My family is doing its part :D My daily driver is a '66 Fairlane, my mother drives an '04 Explorer, my sister drives a '00 Mustang, and my brother has an '03 Ranger. Before that my parents had a ton of different Ford vehicles, including a '69 Mustang, an '86 F250, and an '88 Country Squire station wagon. I remember after I first bought my Fairlane, a guy at work came up to me and asked why I didn't buy a Chevy. My only response before I walked away was "why the fvck would I do that?!" Damn Chevy people.

·
Registered
120 Posts
All I have is Fords, and all I'll ever own is Fords. Heck, even some of the Chevy guys I know have 'em. They know what's best for them, they just won't admit it.:D

·
Registered
194 Posts
So what if that person in your hypothetical asks for a set of motorcraft plug wires for his 460 to go along with the sbc water pump? See I have "a friend" that happens to run both Fords and Chevys:D

·
Registered
739 Posts
When I hear people (assholes) say "Chevy's are better than Ford's, that's why there's more of them" - I respond by saying "the reason there's more Chevy's is because there's more horses asses than horses". That usually shut's them up!

Wayne (SAWDOFF) Pearce

·
Registered
377 Posts
Would you rather eat a bigmac than a Texas Roadhouse steak just because theres more McDonalds?Tell em' to chew on that for a while!LOL
Russ

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Taxman, the correct response to that would be to sell the spark plugs $$$ and then apply the feet to the hot tank, or for a less violent approach place a 460 water pump in the 350 box (Auto Zone does things like this all the time and never goes out of business). When the customer comes back to complain about fitment tell them "look inside the box my son,for it holds the answers to life".

(I really need to quit messing with this guy, his name is Taxman after all)

·
Registered
194 Posts
That's some good stuff GAL...I'll be sure to warn my friend.

And don't let the username fool you. I'm one of the good guys. May you never need someone like me.

·
Registered
74 Posts
True ford man all the way my dad and i own or have owned every thing form a model t truck to our newest which is an 89 f250 4x4 we have on our property right now over 25 diffrent ford trucks and cars mostly 72 and older. I am currently building a 460 for my 83 f250 4x4.

Ford all the way no chevy's allowed on my property.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Was talking to an acuaintence (note I didn't say friend) He asked what I was working on I told him a 66 Fairlane. He asked me why dont you build a real car and do a Chevy? I told him I am building a real car anybody can build a Chevy! On another note I do some pit crew work on am UMP dirt track car and if you look most guys are racing Cheveys but the Marjority are pulling those cars the the track with a FORD Powerstroke truck LOL

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rampage815, I would like to commission you for a black-bag-job. At this race track you work at are Chevy powered race cars. These Chevy powered race cars have oil pans equipped with drain plugs. You see, some times drain plugs come loose before a race. You see, sometimes this happens.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I really hate when someone is so stuck on chebbies makin so much power. I was helping with the clean up of a BBC block for one of the instructors at the local tech college, it was jokingly suggested that he get a 460 :D he got pissed and yelled the BBC would always out run the BBF. I said you just havent run against the right BBF. I mean he is the champion in his class at Prescott but you just cant sumarily dismiss the 460 that way. He started talkin about all the myths that are associated with the 460. I went to the computer room and printed the advantages of the 460 over the BBC from Paul's site and put them on his desk, dont know what happened to em but he proly threw them away. Oh and he drives every day a FORD ranger he said is one of the best vehicles he's ever owned, and his wife drives an Explorer Sporttrac. Go figure.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Fords rule.

I've got my yellow '78 Fairmont, a spare '78 Fairmont, a '96 F250 CC 4X4, and a '75 Bronco. My son who still lives at home drives an '03 Ranger and my other son drives a '08 Fusion and owns an '89 Ranger and a '75 Bronco. I drove Chevys once. I'm sticking with Fords from here on out.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I dont have a problem with Chevy's as a vehicle...its the Chevy/Redneck mentality that is a turn-off!!

·
Registered
618 Posts
I really hate when someone is so stuck on chebbies makin so much power. I was helping with the clean up of a BBC block for one of the instructors at the local tech college, it was jokingly suggested that he get a 460 :D he got pissed and yelled the BBC would always out run the BBF. I said you just havent run against the right BBF. I mean he is the champion in his class at Prescott but you just cant sumarily dismiss the 460 that way. He started talkin about all the myths that are associated with the 460. I went to the computer room and printed the advantages of the 460 over the BBC from Paul's site and put them on his desk, dont know what happened to em but he proly threw them away. Oh and he drives every day a FORD ranger he said is one of the best vehicles he's ever owned, and his wife drives an Explorer Sporttrac. Go figure.
LOL. That's amusing.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Going with a 350 Chevy is like going to Baskin Robins 31 Flavors and ordering Vanilla.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My wife and I currenlty own a 99 Expo Sport, an 85 F250 4x4 w/ 460 and 42k miles. I also have a 93 ranger truggy project w/ 460 built on a 79 f250 frame (used to own whole truck but winters claimed the body), and lastly a 95 ranger 2wd that is waiting for the 5.0 ho/AOD swap to be complete. I LOVE my FORD's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a cheby for 3 years that was GIVEN to me by my wifes father. It was a 1990 with a freshly rebuilt engine that we put together. I didn't really mind the truck since it was free and basically it was just a beater work truck. But out of the 4 vehicles I owned when I had that truck it was the only one I had to CONSTANTLY work on. Between wiring issues and always crappy brakes the damn truck kept me very busy. So busy in fact that it easily added 4 months to my truggy build time. I finally told the wife we were getting rid of it and pick up my 1985 F250 and will never regret it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts