460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The FORDS took A$$ and kicked names !!

Dexter and the BOMB rolled into to Cedar Rapids Iowa and held their own!!

We came away with a first and a third!!

Lotsa fast trucks!! Always nice racing against a new crowd!

Here is the vid!! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQPk3KN9u5I

·
Registered
363 Posts
for sure good racing there jeff also laid a very nice pass and took third in the class above. we didnt do to bad considering i think we were the only full size trucks other then a few that looked like daily drivers all the rest were s-10s and stuff

Dexter

·
Registered
560 Posts
congrats to the both of you,i see jim burden did a little wheelie for the crowd.was there lots of trucks there jeff? ordered a new yukon hardcore shaft,supposed to be stronger than the chrome molies,its in davenport,will be here tomorrow,go figure,got next weekend to install b4 miles

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Richard and Rich!!

It was a good turn out this weekend, the fair board announcer guy said there was over two thousand people ! A lot of trucks and really good people putting on the race. Putting money in all classes not just certain ones!

Rich did you see video of Jim somewhere? I was trying to find it and couldn't! I was busy talking and didn't know he was lining up!! I missed it with my camera but did see it. It was a wild pass!!

Good luck with your axle sure hop it hold up for you!! Are yo in the points hunt there too?

See ya,

Jeffro

·
Registered
560 Posts
not sure about miles they havent listed anything yet,but claim they have'em ,just need to get them up.should be in the top 3 i think.saw a picture of jims truck doing a wheelie on my facebook page,but no video .got video from long grove on youtube under my sn.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Looks good, and congrats! I need to find a track like that out here! I bet I could carry the front tires off the ground for a good 1/2 track at least!

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Karl, Yes it was a hooking track for the big boys, lots wheelies!
I'm waiting for a you tube clip to come up, I misses the shot but I know somebody has it. great double wheelie. I'll get it up when it comes out.

I think they paid 500.00 to win your class Karl which is a lot for around here!!
I think wide tires in the rear on that loose dry stuff may have been a benefit.

Marshal, thanks also! Did you get your flanges in yet? When are yo up next?

Jeffro

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Jeff, I'm nowhere near being one of the "big boys", heck, I'm barelye even a medium sized truck. If you find the other vitds it would be cool to see them. And a $500 pauout is pretty goof for here as well. Average is around $350 for 1st place until you step up into the nitrous classes.

Good show, fast straight runs for both of you! Glad to see you keeping the chevy boys crying in their bowties!

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Karl,

I bet your looked at as being bigger than a "medium" guy in your area, but your modesty is honorably noted!:D We are in the armpits of payouts in the country(and Canada) here!! Last week we got 3rd in class5 (the lowest class they would let us run) over 10 truck and I landed a whopping $30.00. It cost us a 95.00 for gate and entry fee!
This last week was just the opposite. First class show. Free entry for drivers and pit. 2000 onlookers, and support from the grounds keepers and promoters! Makes it all worth while!!!

Myron,

Don't know about this weekend still trying to decide. Can't find out much accurate info and hate to drive 2+ hours one direction and have to race against aluminum heads. Finally got some new (Maddog) headers coming ! I gotta take some pictures of my old ones!! Some guys said they could see fire shooting out of my tubes up by the heads!! I patch them and they blow out somewhere else, I bet I have 5 holes in them now!! Otta get a little HP increase I would think!!

Waiting for your video in a good and bad way!:(

See you guys!!

Jeffro

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Jeff, I know this sport isn't about the money, if it was, we all would have quit by now. But I am a firm believer that if you go to an event to put on a show for the people (and have some fun for yourself) you should make atleast your cost of running back. Around here, 500 for first is about average, some alot more, some abit less. There is a race coming up on the 28th that I sorely have to miss since I promised to be at a different event the same weekend, the payout is 3000 for first in every class!!! Its only 45 minutes from where I live, but I said I would head north to this other one, payout is still 1000 for first, but its a 6 hour drive. Oh well, maybe next year!!

The vid is loaded on youtube as we speak

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
WOW MYRON 3000.00!!!

I already know your a stand up guy and it's nice of you to keep your word and support the race you committed to. I've done similar. Actually one driving right by a track that payed more on the same day as the race only to have to drive another hour!

Heck for 3000.00 and you going to a different track I think we can make the drive to Canada and still come out ahead!!:D

That's nice that they take care of the sport like that, from both sides, the promoters that take care of us and the drivers that care enough to support the promoters!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Yeah, it would be one heck of a drive for you LOL, but if you did come, I would have to stick around, theres no way you would travel all the way up here, go right past where I live, and me not show up to the same event (I'm ok with losing to a fellow BBF, especially in another '79). It seems like the smaller the show, the bigger the prize money, most of the time anyways. But its because its a community event, and everyone gets involved. The bigger events at bigger towns don't get as much support from the businesses since there are so many other events that they help out with.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Jeff, I'm sure you can hang with the aluminum headed boys. If you knew what I had in my truck, you'd be surprised. Heck, it's only a d0ve headed 466 with upright headers and factory crank. I spent my time dialing in my chassis and suspension before I spent anything on the motor, now I'm too broke to build the motor I really want. As for the long drive to race, I'm doing that myself next month. Packing up to head to NC to race with Critters. Gonna get my azz handed to me running against all them big ci aluminum headed motors all because I have upright headers and a rear mounted radiator, but it's still gonna be fun. :)

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Karl,

I'm sure we can't ! We've beat some before and when we get a third in those classes it's a win. But that's only a bonus when we bump up. Next year they better look out though. We're going to bump cam, intake and springs and lean on them with our DOVE HEADS TOO. If that don't work gonna make the big jump to SCJ's but not going aluminums.

I've seen a lot of guys win races with a properly set up chassis. (been beat by alot too!) If you can get it there and keep it hooked there is no sense in having it ! Spending your money there is surely money well spent!!

Glad your going to hang out with Critters! Win loose or draw, it will be a good time for sure. Glad to see you guys get together!!

Myron, If we were a little faster and I was a little more confident, we might just do that. Maybe next year you'll drive south a little and we'll drive north and we can hang out !! There is someone else on here that is from the up northern area also. Wisconsin maybe?
Anyway never know the situation may present itself that some of us could meet up!!

See ya,

Jeffro

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
CONGRATS

Glad to hear you guys did good this weekend and continued to show them chevy boys what those BLUE OVALS can do!!! Wish Kasey and I could have shared some of that luck last weekend but we both came home with broken trucks!:mad: Goin to post a couple of vids in a few!

Derrick

1 - 20 of 22 Posts