460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im looking for a web site or your best guesses on what a old 69 mach 1 is worth i restored it when i was in high school and a couple years after. its a really sharp old car with not alot of miles since restored its red has the rear lovers and spoiler front spoiler paint is pretty much perfect no rust that i can tell still it has the original 390 in it . i sold it to my sep dad back about 10 years ago and hes showed it and done well. he has since had a stroke and my mother needs to sell it so any price range would help ive been out of the older car stuff for a long time now but this one would be a good local car show or super nice driver i dont think its big show winning qaulity but that might give you an idea thanks guys brad

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
prostudebaker said:
hey guys im looking for a web site or your best guesses on what a old 69 mach 1 is worth i restored it when i was in high school and a couple years after. its a really sharp old car with not alot of miles since restored its red has the rear lovers and spoiler front spoiler paint is pretty much perfect no rust that i can tell still it has the original 390 in it . i sold it to my sep dad back about 10 years ago and hes showed it and done well. he has since had a stroke and my mother needs to sell it so any price range would help ive been out of the older car stuff for a long time now but this one would be a good local car show or super nice driver i dont think its big show winning qaulity but that might give you an idea thanks guys brad

Please post a few pics so we can see this bad mustang :D

·
Registered
359 Posts
NADA is generally much too generous. I generally do a search on e-bay for completed listings (have to do an advanced search then check box for completed listings only) and try to find a similar car that sold. Not perfect, but this will give you an idea of what these cars are bringing.

Scott

·
Premium Member
5,553 Posts
prostudebaker said:
Click here -----> Gold Book Classic Car Values

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Old Car Price Guide is similar to what Paul sent you. On line or at most convience stores. I keep one in my truck and car just in case I run into some thing i really don't need!

·
Registered
510 Posts
I can tell you that a factory 390 69' Mustang is a somewhat rare car, especially if it is a GT. Mach 1's usually had a 351 Windsor, and of course the 428 CJ. The problem is that, although the 390 car is a rarity, it doesn't always make it more desireable, just rarer. It will be worth more than a car with a base engine, obviously, but it is still may not bring what you hope for. HTH.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys just tryen to get an idea of a range to start looks like it might be worth 25 ,000 or so i dont think id want to give that for it but lol. yeah i know there wherent alot of 390s in the mach 1 but everyone really wants the 428s in them :D

·
Registered
414 Posts
The value of a classic muscle car is relative to how much you love it. If the car has no sentimintal value, then the book price is fine.
maybe 10-15K
I've turned down some pretty steep numbers for my car but then its been with me for so long that selling it would be like selling a kid. And everyone knows that kids are expensive!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts