460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ,where to start??? Ky jelly about wrecked the Stang a couple of times...The last one today was one hell of a ride!! He barely missed the Tree ..Started out in the right lane ,took out the 60 foot lights on 2 wheels missed the dragster in the left lane by inches and slid to a stop about 6"s from the left lane wall......He parked it after that one:eek: I got to 3 cars last night and had the other guy covered and popped the throttle one time too many. Then today done my burnout for 2nd round and something let go in the tranny..won't do anything ,I think it broke the input shaft?? 5.69..5.69..5.69...5.69..5.69 all day long!! Get it lined out running some #'s and bam ..Racin sux sometimes,but at least it's not motor trouble!!Had fun ,Chuck,Blake, Daymond and Tracy and Logan and Chuck's parents were there .It was great seeing them all again.:D

·
Registered
296 Posts
Big Dan<
It sounds like the Bowling Green folks had the same track prep technology as they did at the Hot Rod Reunion. I need to bring some hillbilly track preparation folks up there.
They seem to have missed the basics....
Sorry to hear about your trans.
Later...

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Keith ,I'll guarantee you that there were at least 25 cars broke this weekend.I've never seen so much carnage:eek:

·
Registered
6,970 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Keith ,I'll guarantee you that there were at least 25 cars broke this weekend.I've never seen so much carnage:eek:
At least 25! I think the track clean-up and tow trucks made more passes than any of the race cars! We did have a great time hanging out, and thanks Tracy for grilling Saturday night!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I figured out where the water came from , out of that same cap that popped out on the upper neck . If you watch you can see it spray right in front of the front tire. What a ride almost needed to borrow Damon's depends on that one :D.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks nick ,I'm probably(hopefully) gonna need it. I hope it's not the convertor or tranny!!:eek:

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Randy ,I talked to the pic guy,he said he got 7 pics as fast as he could shoot of your ride!!:D

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Never seen planataries go out and not have any movement, unless it broke the output shaft..It's got 1.80 Straight cuts with a vasco shaft:confused:

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll know tomorrow:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,970 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Thanks Nick . I feel very , very fortunate that I did not hit the wall. If you think it looked crazy from the outside you should have been setting in there:eek:. It makes you about scared to let go of that button :D. Needles to say it went in the trailer after that pass. :D

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
:eek:Dang bro thems some nasty runs. I feel the pain on the bad runs, been having a string of them myself. :cool:

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Dang Randy glad you and your car are in one piece, and sorry to hear you broke tweety Dan, maybe yall will have better luck next time

PS hope it aint to bad Dan

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Sounds like you guy's had a WILD weekend,Thank GOD no one was hurt and nothing was destroyed. Sorry about the Tranny Dan, sounds like you and Tweety were on your way to another win:(

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
WOW !!!

KY Mustang, dang, it looks like somebody put a serious amount of KY Jelly under those rear slicks. Tell Ms. Becca to leave that stuff in the motorhome.:) That was some serious driving to pull yourself out of those situations.:)

Dan,

I'm proud of you for getting out there and fighting through all those rounds. Hope you get it fixed soon!

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Damn Randy that looked worse in the video than what you described over the phone. Glad you kept it out of the wall & really glad that you were able to find the leak. That was scary !!!

Dan, you had Tweety dialed in.. It sucks that the trans screwed up on you.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was down on the big end watching Randy when he done his Joey Chitwood imitatation:eek: I wasn't for sure it was going to stay right side up for a second....It was way wilder after Becca messed her pants and lost him on the video;) It was truly a hairy ride..Randy done a great job of saving his car ,it was doing all it could to get on it's roof and hit the wall head on..My hats off to you my fine friend!!!! I told him when he got back ,that maybe we ought to check in to buying the mold off the guy who made the new front clip for him.When the car went across the track ,all I could see was the roof on it..it was way up on two wheels.We talked about it when he got calmed down ,we're convinced that his seat time in a stock car and power sliding 4wheelers really helped in reacting fast enough and correctly enough to save his car;):DI'm still nervous from it, I can only imagine his feelings today.:D:D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts