460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new, never torqued down, fuel never sucked through it, Stealth intake for a 429/460 (#8012). It looks as though it is too tall to clear the GT hood on my 71 Ranchero.
Does anybody want to trade it for a lower height intake? Edelbrock Performer, RPM, etc. I don't want a nasty old corroded thing.
Thanks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool! I'll send you my e-mail address so I can get some pics. We can then discuss shipping and crap. Thanks.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have a Torquer that I pulled off my jet boat two weeks ago no corrosion in the water jackets or on the flanges. It has been bead blasted, I was going to put it on ebay. The carb flange on these are alot lower than a stealth. Let me know if you're interested I can shoot some pics and email them for you.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Torker is a little too wild for me. I need a low RPM intake (aka: Dual Plane). Thanks though!!

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
The Stealth will fit under the hood of a Torino/Ranchero with a carb on top, but you gotta run a drop base air filter housing and no higher than a 3" inch filter element (maybe even 2.5" inch).

·
Registered
48 Posts
TorinoStyle is Right

I have a 70 Torino with a gt hood with the same manafold with an 850 with a drop base air filter housing it will work. I used the edelbrock crome one with and cut it down so it worked you just have to find the right air filter hight to get it right.

sorry about the bad typing too early in the morn not enuf coffie

Devin

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the info. Ya' see, I was told that it won't fit so I did some measuring (without the motor in) and it was way too close to call.
I have a trade worked out anyway. Thanks again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts