460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my Chevy loving buddy was looking for a car and almost got POS but I found on in NJ about 5 hours away for $5000.

So he comes over to go on a road trip we take off he fills the tank in my truck and we get to NJ turnpike in about 4 hours when we get off the dam highway with the trailer the toll in $25 WTF so my buddy pays up, he takes over a hour to think about the car.... it has a new dam motor in it for 5K new tranny and rear with spool. I just told him to buy the dam thing :)

then we go and get some food at Pizza Hut only place with parking for us. he goes to pay his card is denined so now I have to pay the 45 buck bill for his trip. then we drive up the highway and pay the 25 toll and then he tells me hey I only have like 9 bucks left, so I stop for fuel with his fuel card and tell him to get more cash for the next tolls. Ready for this he tells me I don't have a ATM card.
So we go over the GW bridge and there goes 18 bucks and then there was one more toll I forgot about and out of 3 of us we didn't have 3 bucks so now I have a bill to pay to NY WTF 2 of them came with me with only $150 for a 10 hour trip.
This was going to be a trip that I was going to just drive down and back for no money needed by me.

That's it no more helping these Chevy guys out LOL I can see why they loose so many races

I'm done

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
I hate those words....."Is that your truck??"

Yes, and before you ask, NO, I can't help you move, tow your trailer, haul this or that.......etc...:rolleyes:

If its for a good buddy, then no problem, but the friends I keep are thoughtfull and don't take advantage.

Those tolls are a killer. At least they keep your taxes low right??? No???:D

Bill

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He had the cash for the car but only took $150 cash for the trip. He did give me some money last night to cover what I spent so it's not too bad and someday someplace I will be asking for payback, then we will see how good of a buddy he is :)

He has a truck but it's a older gas job so I guess the cost would of been to much for him hmmm.

it wasn't to bad on fuel I used about 40 gallons for 600 miles

maybe it's time to gat a sticker for the truck "Not For Hire"

This is funny
I hate those words....."Is that your truck??" then the next words how's it on fuel LOL

later guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts