460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well yesterday since the weather was fairly nice around 60* and calm winds I decided to leave work around noon and go fishing. Called up my buddy and we fished for a while and didn't catch a damned thing. Fish finder wasn't showing any fish either.

So we head back to the ramp to pull the boat out. Just cruising along around 30 MPH or so, dodging all the pieces of random junk in the Delaware, pass between a railroad tie on my right and a large branch on my left. Only thing was as I got closer the branch wasn't really a branch...

Now it never occured to me that deer swim. In any event, a buck is about the last thing I expected to see swimming in the main shipping channel of the Delaware. My buddy decided that fishing rods were a terrible idea and he should have brought his bow. Anyhow, we watched it swim over to the Philadelphia side on airport property. My best guess is it came from the Jersey side and was spooked by the wildfires so swam for it. Winds changed direction overnight and when I got up to go to work Friday it smelled strongly of smoke and was quite hazy outside.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Crazy :shock: At first I thought this was going to be a joke. I guess when it comes to ones life you do what you got to to survive. Didn't know ya'll were having fires like that :shock: Shows how much I keep up with certain current events. Good luck and be safe :!:

·
Registered
361 Posts
I saw a doe swim across Lake of the Ozarks once. It was about 1/2 mile where she crossed. That was the first time that I had saw or heard of deer swimming.

Dennis

1 - 3 of 3 Posts