460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
took my 83 cougar with a fairly mild 460/c6/8.8 w/3.73 posi out to the 1/8 track saturday. Never been racing before, so I was nervous. Didn't make it any better that when I did my first burnout the rubber cap I had on my heater hose outlet on the intake started leaking, so I was sent straight back to the pits. Was able to fix it with the help of fellow racers by taking a short piece of heater hose and plugging it with a spare spark plug and clamp. So my first actual pass I forget to air down my e/t street radials and spin the tires through all 3 gears. 10.43 at 78 mph. Go back to the pits, air down to 16 psi, pull up to the line against an 03 cobra. I win! 7.76 @88.58 to his [email protected] I made a couple more similar passes before testing was over. Had a blast and just wanted to share my experience.

added some pics, first is the one I spun the tires, others are against the cobra:
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
377 Posts
Should be good for low 12's around 110mph in the 1/4.Maybe more.My car picked up .500 just learning to drive it with a similar combo.
Have fun,
Russ

·
Registered
475 Posts
sounds like you had fun the 1st time out, look out it's like a drug it's all your going to think about soon :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm looking forward to getting her dialed in with more practice. Those first few runs I wasn't looking at my tach or my wideband, just straight ahead. And I am still spinning a little at the start so I've got some work to do there. I can see it becoming an addiction.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what do you consider fairly mild? just curious to what you have done to yours?
c8ve heads ported to the specs on reincarnation's site, stealth intake, custom ground solid flat tappet cam from Reincarnation, 254 dur intake/261 exhaust @.05 .615/.635 lift, roller rockers, speed pro hypers, about 11:1 comp., hooker fox swap headers, holley 750 dp with proform main body, converted to e85(way too small), c6 with 3400 stall, 8.8 with tracloc and 3.73s,

fairly mild to me!:)

I've gone to the track a few times since the first post, I'm close to 7.5 flat in the 1/8 mile.

·
Registered
616 Posts
c8ve heads ported to the specs on reincarnation's site, stealth intake, custom ground solid flat tappet cam from Reincarnation, 254 dur intake/261 exhaust @.05 .615/.635 lift, roller rockers, speed pro hypers, about 11:1 comp., hooker fox swap headers, holley 750 dp with proform main body, converted to e85(way too small), c6 with 3400 stall, 8.8 with tracloc and 3.73s,

fairly mild to me!:)

I've gone to the track a few times since the first post, I'm close to 7.5 flat in the 1/8 mile.
whats the weight with driver and how tall are the slicks !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts