460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3rd year for them here in town, really taking off. Huge turnout for a tuesday night.

nearly had a confrontation with several chevy fags sitting behind me, rekon my B.F. Evans BB bash shirt pissed them off, more so when the fords in pro stock 4 x 4 kicked that *** with a 1 2 3 finish.

Made me proud........... :D

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Oh yeah!!! That's what we like to hear...... 8) 8)

Doug... 8)

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Numero uno was a c headed somthing or other, they only stated they could go 60 over on a 454 for a chevy or 460 for a ford.

#2 was the wife to #1......

Rock on...........!

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Doug... 8)

·
Registered
73 Posts
I don't know about you guys but every time I go to them I start thinking of ways I could pull my engine out of my car and run it in a truck. Then I go to a mud run and think I could do the same thing. I guess I just get to excited at these things. Seems like truck pullers break stuff all the time anyways and I really could not afford that.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Re

It's always sweet to win, but when your in a Ford, and you can put it to the Chevy crowd, well, thats as good as gettin' it with a HOT 20 year old!
(ok almost as good) :twisted:

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
got lots of dirty looks lol.

This is a leave the wife at home event, lotsa stuff to look at, besides trucks...............

cool thing about this, my 472 shortblock I'm selling is going to Indiana to get put to use in one of thses trucks. How cool is that.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Richter, I went to the same show on Monday night in Enid. The announcer really had the bowtie boys going and then the last three trucks were ford. When it was done, ford sat 1,2,and 3 with the lady in the brown ford sitting at 1. Been a long time since I got to go to a pull, it was a really nice event for a show in Enid.

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yep same show, same announcer, they said it had been awhile since they had been up there.

Looking forward to next year lol.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
FORD trucks are starting to rule in truck pulling now. We have a much better engine choices to work with and the cebbie boys can't stand it :D :D

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Chevy vs. Ford Differants

A few years back I went to a pull that had a 509 Cubic inch limit . At that time I was running a 501 BBF with SCJ Aluminum heads.
A Chevy guy walked up to me and asked what size Motor I had and told him a .030 over 460. Oh he said a Car block, ya you can only get what 496 CID out of a car block. I told him we can get a little bigger then that out of a Ford 460 block.. It's the Chevy block you can't get more then that out of unless you do a lot of magic with the pan rail. Didn't have the heart to tell him we can get 557 out of a car block without any mod's on the pan rail.

Dan

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well if this was an Outlaw pull that you guys went to which i think it was the announcer doesnt have a clue about the rules for PS 4x4.I go to alot of Outlaw pulls and ive heard him say the same thing over and over again about the .060 over thing.I have talked to him a few times about it.Even showed him the rule book 3 yrs ago at a pull in TX.The rule is 485 cubic inches doesnt matter how you get it.Cast iron block any head except Hemi.He has actually told me that Ford has an unfair advantage because the 460 is already bigger than anything else.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts