460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 78 460 that has been bored 40 over with standard pistons, stock rods and crank. SCJ heads and edelbrock rpm intake both have been worked by Scott Johnson along with a custom cam from him. Mad dogg Fender well exit headers for a 65-79 F100 ceramic coated by jet hot. Sniper EFI setup with Holley EFI distributor. DUII coil. I’ve ran a [email protected] 108mph in the 1/4 with traction problems and my 66 F100 is 4000lbs with me in it. I’m looking at selling the motor for another build just not real sure what it’s worth. Im also not sure if this is the right place to post this.
Here is link to a video on YouTube.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nice truck!Brings back some memories,I had a 66 shortbox in high school with a 69 mark III engine but it didn’t sound no where near that good.I hoped on making a deal for a 69 thunder jet which didn’t happen yet to put into a 64 Merc of Grampas.Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! It’s been fun and runs awesome I am possibly going to a diesel swap but who knows I might change my mind when the weather gets better.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Not going to venture a guess but I might be interested depending on how much you decide you want for it. I've got about the same amount of money into my F100's FE as I do in my Mach 1's 552 and it might make 1/2 the power. Message me when and if you decide to sell for sure.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I will keep that in mind. I know what I have into the motor but I’m not real sure what the depreciation is on these

·
Registered
504 Posts
I would say if you can get $3K for the motor you would be doing well. I know you have a lot more in it - but that's just the way it works.
What are the Cam specs (hydraulic or roller)?

·
Registered
65 Posts
My guess is about 1/2 of what you spent on it.
Some buyers won't want the efi/headers.
So, how much did you put in to it?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have about $7500 in to the whole set up including the EFI and headers. The Cam is hydraulic it was a grind done by Scott Johnson I have the Cam card at my house but I’m currently out of town for work until the 24th.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was think close to half also. You never get what you spend that’s the norm I understand that. I’ve never sold an engine so I wasn’t really sure where to start

·
Registered
65 Posts
A running engine installed in a drivable vehicle is also worth more $ than one on a stand.

Anyhow, nice pickup, GLWS

1 - 12 of 12 Posts