460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time has come to upgrade studs on 4 lugs or upgrade to 5 lug and buy new wheels{ouch}. I thinking about getting my moser 33 redrilled if its doable. Been 1.32 on spray with smallblock , i dont want to try 501 without something better. If i really had the extra cash i wouldnt be asking and i would have 5 lugs with 5/8 studs,lol. Your experiance with bbf torque appreciated...,, ED

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
serious hp

i should make some serious torque with 8 inch converter/transbrake. I been searching on other sights and found guys running mid 8s with a 1.24 60 with 4 lugs and 5/8 studs. Thats smallblocks with spray though, On the transbrake it should be around the same load if their spaying off line. Sounds like i should be fine if i keep a eye on the torque of the lugnuts. ED

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
5 lugs

5 lugs is for sure the best and safest way to go. With a big tire its the only way in my oppinion. I really doubt if car get more then a couple dozen passes at track this yr. I might have some new axles on my christmas list. ED

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
not going to say cheap, but lower cost seems to cost more..... in the long run . your old parts have value, selling them take part of the load on upgrade

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
there are guys who just install 4 5/8 racing lugs, works good,and a lot better then the stock 4.

ive seen too many times with slicks the 5 lugs break , 5/8s are not over kill

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
4 5/8 studs

i was planning on going to 5/8 studs or 5-5/8 studs if funds permit. BOSS are you saying that 4 5/8 studs are better then 5 aftermarket 1/2 studs? I am only running a 10 inch slick and a little test a tune at some small-slick tracks, dont expect to dead hook any. Thanks...,ED

·
Registered
480 Posts
Hi Ed,
No offense but with drag racing always prepare for the worst. A big block ford will somehow find a weak spot in your car. I am just saying from personal experiences. It's better to have it and not need it; than need it and not have it. Go Five lug!
Justin

·
Registered
71 Posts
studs

1/2 inch lug nuts tear up your wheels 5\8s have nice alum spacers which seem to be a lot easyier on them and look badazz

1 - 12 of 12 Posts