460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
VP NO2 (120 octane) in my lil c8 headed 466 with 13:1 and a 350HP shot of spray. :D

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Not sure of my true Compression 466 BBF,Flat Top SRP Pistons .020 in the hole,Aluminum Ford Racing A-429 Cobra Jet heads.93 Octane Pump Gas!!!

Later Mark.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to the replies.

The reason I asked the question is it seems my motor falls borderline as far as 110 goes according to the manufactures. They recommend 112 and I understand about covering themselves too.

Wanted to see what others are running as a real world example.

I'm at 12.3 to 1, with a 8.13 dynamic CR, 265* intake dur at .050.
No reason to run 112 if 110 will do . I have to get 112 in pails , but 110 at a pump and 110 is $ 4 a gal cheaper. Thanks again.

·
Registered
716 Posts
your just a little under me as for static and dynamic compression. on my initial run in on the dyno (no load) to crank it up and let it warm up i ran it on pure pump 93. it ran ok for a while till we started getting frisky with the load knob on the dyno. just running it up a little and adding a little load in a short time it started missing, pulled the plugs and sure enough it melted all 8 electrodes off. we emptied the 93 and ran straight NO2 fuel after that.

just to give you a little bit of an idea.:D

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
your just a little under me as for static and dynamic compression. on my initial run in on the dyno (no load) to crank it up and let it warm up i ran it on pure pump 93. it ran ok for a while till we started getting frisky with the load knob on the dyno. just running it up a little and adding a little load in a short time it started missing, pulled the plugs and sure enough it melted all 8 electrodes off. we emptied the 93 and ran straight NO2 fuel after that.

just to give you a little bit of an idea.:D
Sounds like you found out what it will not run on!
I have ran a 12 To 1 aluminum head motor with 7.8 to 1 DCR and didnt have any troubles but this is an iron headed deal (D2OE) and i guess once I get to tuning I'll cut the 112 with 110 and watch my plugs. thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts