460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading up on compression ratio that my 69 460 has and was just curious where I should be at a compression ratio. My intent is to run premium once this is done. As for cam, I am not sure where to go on this either. It is going into an AC Cobra with a 4 speed toploader. It sounds as though I will need to change the pistons during my rebuild process. Anyone have any idea as to what piston head volume I should stay around? My plan is to stick with the c9 heads and port. Thanks

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
While searching craigslist tonight, I came across a set of D3 heads. Ideally, I would like to stick with the c9's that I have. However, according to the listing, these heads have been fully ported with a valve job. I am guessing that these heads have hardened seats in them as mine do not. So what are your thoughts on these heads? Everyone says the c8, c9. d0 are far better. That may be so but if these d3's have been fully ported with a valve job then this sounds like a deal. He is wanting $200. It sounds a little too good to be true but I thought I would ask on here. Also, how would these change my compression ratio? Would they go too far? It sounds like the d3's are around 95 cc

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
you can re curve the dist,and be fine as long as you can find 93oct fuel

or use a thicker head gasket

·
Registered
504 Posts
While searching craigslist tonight, I came across a set of D3 heads. Ideally, I would like to stick with the c9's that I have. However, according to the listing, these heads have been fully ported with a valve job. I am guessing that these heads have hardened seats in them as mine do not. So what are your thoughts on these heads? Everyone says the c8, c9. d0 are far better. That may be so but if these d3's have been fully ported with a valve job then this sounds like a deal. He is wanting $200. It sounds a little too good to be true but I thought I would ask on here. Also, how would these change my compression ratio? Would they go too far? It sounds like the d3's are around 95 cc
See this attachment on "cylinder head comparison". I hope it is not too small to read.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts