460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Heads

Last year I used UPS on the way down from Canada to US and it was okay about $149 Canadian (Aluminum heads) but then used Fed Ex on the way back and it was about $100 US. The problem with UPS is that when I pay shipping from the US to Canada for X amount UPS Canada trys to charge another service fee based on the value of the item to get delivery after I have already paid shipping at the US end. Looks like a money grab and I refuse to use UPS anymore because of this. FWIW
Hope this helps. Mark L.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I had the same problem with UPS. I bought a set of Edelbrock heads from a forum member in Canada, and UPS in Canada sent me a bill for an additional $34 for these packages (despite the fact that it was paid for in Canada before being shipped). I would use FedEx instead.

DJ

·
Registered
134 Posts
From what I understand, UPS and FedEx charge brokerage fees on anything worth more than $20 going from the U.S. to Canada and anything worth more than $200 going from Canada to the U.S..The dollar numbers are set by each countries government, anything less and they aren't concerned.If the item is going from one country and then back again you can have it inspected by customs before leaving the country and you fill out a form and then you don't get dinged by brokerage fees when it returns.I have sent parts to the U.S. for warranty work through FedEx and didn't have to pay any brokerage fees on return as the paperwork was in order.I believe the post office has a 30kg(66 lb) weight limit so heads might have to be shipped seperately through them.I generally use Fedex ground if I can as the costs are close to what the post office charges and you get a tracking number.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts