460 Ford Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAVE A JETBOAT WITH A 460 THAT SLUNG A ROD SO IM LOOKING 4 A ENGINE TO GET ME THREW THE SUMMER. A MACHINIC TOLD ME THAT I CANT PUT A CARB SETUP ON IT BECOUSE THE INTAKE PORTS WOULDNT LINE UP AND THAT I WOULD HAVE TO GET A SPECIAL INTAKE THAT WOULD ADAPT TO IT! I DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT BBF BUT IV DONE ALOT OF 302's AND THERE ALL INTERCHANGEABLE SO I WANTED TO NOW IF THE GUY WAS FULL OF IT OR IS THERE ANY REAL DIFFERENCE

THANKS IN ADVANCE

· Registered
2,221 Posts
He is right about EFI engines ports are different than carbureted engines.
He is wrong about a different intake, no one makes a carb intake for EFI heads. you can buy a carb adaptor to go on the EFI intake, or you can buy the port adaptors to run any intake you want with EFI heads.
http://www.pricemotorsport.com/

Edit: You can also swap early heads onto the late blocks so you can use your intake as well.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GOOD INFO

THANKS 4 THE INFO I GUESS I SHOULD HAVE ASKED MORE ABOUT THE HEADS THAN THE BLOCK AND I WAS THINKING I SHOULD JUST SWAP THE HEADS ? WOULD I BE BETTER OFF SPENDING THE MONEY ON THE ADAPTER 4 THE FUEL INJECTION HEADS WOULD I GET MORE HP FROM THEM? BECOUSE ON THE SBF THE EFI HEADS HAVE LARGER VALVES IS THIS TRUE WITH BBF THANKS AGAIN

· Registered
5,675 Posts
He is right about EFI engines ports are different than carbureted engines.
He is wrong about a different intake, no one makes a carb intake for EFI heads. you can buy a carb adaptor to go on the EFI intake, or you can buy the port adaptors to run any intake you want with EFI heads.
http://www.pricemotorsport.com/

Edit: You can also swap early heads onto the late blocks so you can use your intake as well.
LOL That's what I meant.
Rob

· Registered
10,855 Posts
It would be better for you if you could swap your early heads onto the later short block because the later F.I. exhaust ports are also different.

· Registered
3,730 Posts
I HAVE A JETBOAT WITH A 460 THAT SLUNG A ROD SO IM LOOKING 4 A ENGINE TO GET ME THREW THE SUMMER. A MACHINIC TOLD ME THAT I CANT PUT A CARB SETUP ON IT BECOUSE THE INTAKE PORTS WOULDNT LINE UP AND THAT I WOULD HAVE TO GET A SPECIAL INTAKE THAT WOULD ADAPT TO IT! I DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT BBF BUT IV DONE ALOT OF 302's AND THERE ALL INTERCHANGEABLE SO I WANTED TO NOW IF THE GUY WAS FULL OF IT OR IS THERE ANY REAL DIFFERENCE

THANKS IN ADVANCE
think there is a mix up on what you have Now in the boat efi or carb . which one ? p/s caps are not friendly here , turn it off

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.