166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured This could be a fun thread

My "junk" project for this winter :D
Sure aint pretty but should be fun

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
We've got an 85 ragtop I play with (wife's car). Built SS exhaust for it last winter. Hopefully heads cam intake and 5-lug conversion this winter. In reality...Maybe I'll get one of those done. It is a short winter down here, and spring and fall are the best top-down times of the year.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BBBob_M said:
Blue429Coupe said:
Um... Me thinks your header is tied in a knot. :wink:

I'm actually a fan of the little 2300's. My 85 TurboCoupe was sure fun.

pretty close to being,not alot of space between the bellhousing and frame.

Hope it works ok 1 5/8- 1 3/4 stepped

·
Registered
790 Posts
Nothing mechanical for me. I just bought a new house on a half acre, trying to get a permit to put up 458 feet of block fence. Then a little landscaping. Then the shop, big enough to house my projects and then some. I can hardly wait. I want the fence up by Thanksgiving, and the shop up by spring.

·
Registered
867 Posts
The wifes car( don't mind the dumpsters it was a inside joke from another forum )

The wifes new engine

I was actually wanting to put a 7.3L Powerstroke in it but I can't find one cheap enough. No, I'm not crazy either. I have a welder and a torch, anything can be done.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I have a bunch of other projects.......

Turbo'd Pinto

This Torino that I rescued from the crusher...351C/C4 car

This lowly old Maverick....302/auto

And this Mustang...which I absolutely hate with a F'n passion!!

Its a stock 289, but I'll be throw that away and be replacing it with a built 351C and building the whole car into a street/strip racer...because stock is boring and it sucks.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Torino, since that stang sucks soooooooooo bad, I'll do you a favor and take it right off your hands! I know I know, what a guy!

Hey maybe some of you guys can answer a question for me. Why do so many 2.3 turbo mustang owners get upset when I call their engine a pinto motor? I mean, I've seen the 2.3 in a pinto before, they run the same parts and it appears the 2.3 came in the pinto before it was ever put in a mustang. Plus, a pinto and a mustang are both horses. I just don't get it...

·
Banned
4,325 Posts
moparman said:
Torino, since that stang sucks soooooooooo bad, I'll do you a favor and take it right off your hands! I know I know, what a guy!

Hey maybe some of you guys can answer a question for me. Why do so many 2.3 turbo mustang owners get upset when I call their engine a pinto motor? I mean, I've seen the 2.3 in a pinto before, they run the same parts and it appears the 2.3 came in the pinto before it was ever put in a mustang. Plus, a pinto and a mustang are both horses. I just don't get it...

They originally came out in the 72 model Pinto and were use over the years in several cars. nice little engine...

Randy

·
Registered
115 Posts
I know, I know.... Sacrilege, but I do love Corvettes. This is the engine we built for my 92. Currently working out some hyd roller issues where they are bleeding down and killing about 50-60HP (and 1000RPM) after the oil tem gets up. Currently sitting on [email protected] when its hot. When its cold it actually runs to its potential and gets up just over [email protected] but it's bad lean and we can't tune for it since after one pull the fricken lifters bleed down...

The Carbon rocker covers sure look nice. Too bad they leak like a MF, I'm getting real good at removing and replacing them...

Working on a replacement. WTF did GM have to put the altenator directly OVER the rocker cover??

Some pics of the converted Victor intake under fabrication.

When I started this project I had hoped to leave the car looking stock and just tell folks it had the "hot cam kit" in it but, I don't think anyone will belive me....

Other projects, which are Ford.

My brothers Mustang. Currently working on a C302B headed 408W for it.

My GF's Mustang. She bought it new in 05 right before we met and it's her baby. Just got done converting the exhaust over to a true dual set up with X pipe and stock GT mufflers from Pypes. Last Christmas I bought her the Roush window louvers and 18" wheels/tires (which are curbed all to heck now).

Maybe in about a hundred years she will let me chop it up and build a race car out of it...
Will

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Always working on the 90 GT. Turbo set up should be done within the month. Bought an Independant rear suspension this morning for it. Just gotta find a good deal on a T56. I found one, good deal...just gotta locate a bunch of money.

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
You guys sure are lucky, getting to work on your cars. Most of my free time goes to a kitchen remodel these days. These pics are only half of it. Now I'm working on the dining area. I'm sure when it's done she'll have something esle for me to do. Color me whipped. :lol:

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Still working on the 64 Fairlane, and Ellen doesn't look happy about it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm not starting anything else till this is done. :x

1 - 20 of 59 Posts