460 Ford Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting togeather a few parts to complete the bottom end of my 545, I've got a Canton main cap girdle, and I'd like to put in a Kaase oil pump as well. I've been told that the Kaase needs a 6 1/2" pump pocket. The car is a 66 Fairlane that has had a Rod and Custom crossmember and rack and pinion conversion installed which I'm informed needs a rear sump setup the same as a fox body.Has anybody had a similar combination and if so, what pan did you use?

· Registered
258 Posts
You do not need the girdle.

· Registered
10,855 Posts
I'm putting togeather a few parts to complete the bottom end of my 545, I've got a Canton main cap girdle, and I'd like to put in a Kaase oil pump as well. I've been told that the Kaase needs a 6 1/2" pump pocket. The car is a 66 Fairlane that has had a Rod and Custom crossmember and rack and pinion conversion installed which I'm informed needs a rear sump setup the same as a fox body.Has anybody had a similar combination and if so, what pan did you use?
You will need to machine .200" off the pump depth; take .100" off the cover mating surface and .100" off the cast surface protrusion.
Cut away the side section of the girdle next to where the pump is located.

Now everything will fit.

· Registered
3,730 Posts
for the pan - Canton , should fit their girdle , if not than you can say WTF

· Registered
941 Posts
My last engine had a Kasse pump and a Moroso pan. It wasn't a Fox pan, just a box pan. #20614. It was 6.5" deep in front and the pump cleared with no issues.

Moroso has two Fox body pans that should work without machining the pump. IF they will fit your chassis.

Moroso #20620 is a good pan (ran one for years) and is 7.5" deep in the front.
Moroso #20625 is listed at 6.5" deep in the front.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.