460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car is a 91 foxbody
460 auto c6

Just wondering what radiator and elec fan set-up ppl are running that works well fits well and actually keeps the water temp down. Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Car is a 91 foxbody
460 auto c6

Just wondering what radiator and elec fan set-up ppl are running that works well fits well and actually keeps the water temp down. Thanks for any suggestions.
Heeeey, strangers! Dude, I just bought an installed a Champion 3 row aluminum rad for mine and it dropped 20 degrees. It's now running right around where it's supposed to, around 160, but when I push it it'll crawl up to 190 or so. It's been real hot here as well so that's a factor. The UPS guy stole the first one they dropped off at my house but I was able to get another one for no charge. These companies need to learn to send things in plain cardboard boxes!

·
Registered
477 Posts
I definitely second what Dakota Boy said. The Mark VIII fan moves alot of air. If you have the clearance they are the best cooling for dollar fan out there. I have purchased three of these fans while on a Pull-a-part run, each fan assembly was like $35. The problem I ran into is that I didn't have the room(460 in a '79 Ranchero using Saginaw PS pump and A6 A/C compressor), another option is a dual fan set-up from a '95 or '96 Ford Windstar, it uses a 16" and a 14" fan(with the shroud it measures 30"w x 17 3/4" tall and about 5" deep)., it is physically larger than the MarkVIII fan/shroud but the placement of the dual fan motors allows the water pump pulley to be placed between the fan motors when mounted to the radiator. If you go with the Mark VIII fan make sure it has three terminals on the motor, this identifies it as a two speed fan, this is also true of an electric fan assembly from a'95-'96 T-bird or Cougar. I hope this helps, Todd

·
Registered
476 Posts
yes

thelincoln fan is the best but if you cant fit that fan find a dodge stratus and get the double fan setup from it.I have used this one for years now...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts