460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to be making some changes to my setup and was seeing what everyone has had luck with..? I know I could call and spend a good chunk getting a custom grind and i might end up doing that but just seeing what you guys are running.. Thanks

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
466 speed pro dome pistons with big valve reliefs, motorsport intake, worked procomp heads with all the good stuff and been working very well. 4500 stall C4 trans

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
That could encompas a lot of ground from a "street/strip" car to a "top sportsman".
I am sure they have different camshafts even though they both use nitrous.
A "custom" camshaft for the application is probably needed in either case.

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
MAN!!! That was a good one! HA! I just noticed your running 9.0s. I'm almost there with my "junk". REAL close!

I ran with my n/a 472 what you run with your "sprayed" junk.................like 5 years ago....................unported [email protected] 3300#s......................it had a "custom" cam..................;)

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And that's the difference in your build and mine. Mine is built for spray only. Its still a budget build 466 that's only a few tenths away from your $$$$ big cube motor. So I'm doing pretty damn good with what I got. but of course its junk because I didn't spend $3000 on my heads alone. But its cool I'm just lookin for some ideas so I can make some small changes and pick up a few tenths or so.

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
My low $$$$$$$$$ n/a iron headed small block will run as close to your "sprayed" big inch motor as yours runs to my "huge" n/a 529..........it also has a custom cam............;)

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
I see absolutely NO reason to be antagonistic unless you have an oversized ego which needs to be put into check or you're simply looking for an argument; neither one is a reason which is worth a damn.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I see absolutely NO reason to be antagonistic unless you have an oversized ego which needs to be put into check or you're simply looking for an argument; neither one is a reason which is worth a damn.
Did you not notice the OP has Pro-Comp heads ?

G- ;)

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
I'm just a Dick thats all.

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
Did you not notice the OP has Pro-Comp heads ?

G- ;)
I like steak yet some people prefer Skippy peanut butter and that is their prerogative ... this was a question about CAMSHAFTS.

·
Registered
6,970 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts