460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's always been a little lazy after the 1000 ft mark , you might be right about the tune.
Right now the carbs are 6109 holleys with proform bodies. Would using some billet metering plates help with these carbs. Old tech vs. new tech?

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
What RPM are you seeing at the 1000 ft mark? To be honest I'd think that two 750's should be enough for your combination, if they truly flow 750 a piece.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Your current carbs are done around 5800-6000 rpm on your combo. While the engine will rev higher, the engine will just flat-line, power wise, after 6000 rpm. You need a pair of 1050 Dominators. You can see anywhere from 60-100 hp more with the larger carbs.

Feed the beast. :D

Hope that helps,

Dave

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do you think that some 4150 carbs that flow 1000 cfm would work as well? Tunnel ram is for 4150 carbs only, no removable top. Also the expense of plumbing, air pan, linkage ect.
Or would this just be a waste of time, I guess I could go with a different manifold and run just one large dommy

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Do you think that some 4150 carbs that flow 1000 cfm would work as well? quote;

no

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
The carburetors are not too small and slowing down the engine, the camshaft needs more duration than what you're using to get more usable RPM out of a 521 inch engine.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Intake pic's

Someone has highly modified this, I bought it used and polished it. The seller said it was from texas somewhere

Attachments

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Someone has highly modified this, I bought it used and polished it. The seller said it was from texas somewhere

doesnt look too bad, the inside needs some love ,the 750s are costing you some topend power, once the top is worked over it will pickup. id switch to a pair of 4500s and do the top work

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
You might want to give Lem Evans a call but I think it needs to be about 10 degrees larger at .050.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts