460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a 92 mustang with a 460 .060 over probe flat tops d3 heads weind stealth intake comp cams xm288h .580 in .585ex 850cfm carb roller rockers around 10.1 CR . Trans is a PA c4 with manual vbody 26 spline pan fill scat flex plate, 3.73 gears stock rear suspension and full upr tubular front. The car will be street driven once in a while and aweekend warior. What is a good stall for my combo guys? And should I use TCI converter thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,231 Posts
What is the duration at .050" and LSA? Do you plan on spraying it? If your gonna spray it and put it on the strip you need to have an anti-ballooning front plate on the converter even if you were only spraying 25 hp. I would call the manufacturer that you would like to use and tell them exactly what you have and they will set you up with what you need.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The duration at.050 in .244 ex .254 112lsa I do plan on spraying in the future I just want the damn thig running, what is I good stall to shoot for on this combo?

·
Premium Member
5,231 Posts
Is it the lifetime warranty unit from PA, if so do you have to use there converter to keep the warranty? Not sure how there warranty works. I have had a TCI Ultimate Street Fighter for couple years now no problems.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i got the c4 comp trans , dint have the coin for the procomp with a liftime warranty! should a 2400-2800 stall suite this build or shoul i be looking in the 3200 range??

·
Registered
360 Posts
i got the c4 comp trans , dint have the coin for the procomp with a liftime warranty! should a 2400-2800 stall suite this build or shoul i be looking in the 3200 range??
I think most people dyno their car and then use the results to purchase the correct converter. I took a shot in the dark and got a 3000 stall for my build.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i would like to put it on a dyno, but dont have the means without some kind of converter installed, i was doing some reading and found that 2800-3000 would be the range to shoot for but still unsure cant find any set math equation for calculation the stall , i guess to many variables .what is your combo ? and did a 3k converter work out for you ??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts