TRW 2443 dome top pistons
D3 heads with mild port, bowls worked, large stainless valves
Comp Cl34-250-4 cam / lifter / springs
Eldebrock Torker II intake
Moroso Drag pan
C6 trans
100ish small shot on big end
Shifting around 6000

Car is 87 fox hatch- has a 9" with 4:10 gear, front coil overs and tubular K, 90/10s, 6pt cage connected sub-frames, stripped out all the sound deadeners but didn't cut anything kept the stock interior look minus back seat.

Going to be stock suspension small tire car, just solid lowers and adj. uppers to start.

I have no idea what to expect out of this thing, but I am having a lot of fun getting back into racing and imagine it's gonna be a fast car!!!

What do you guys think???

·
Registered
666 Posts
Not sure what to expect but sounds like a really fun build. I got a 2000 mustang with a 460 in her not sure what it runs yet haven't had time to take it to the track but it's a blast on the street on a 275shot. The more I read on this forum the more interested i get on every body's builds its cool to see so many different builds. Keep us posted on how things are going

·
Registered
666 Posts
Expect broken rods.

:D
Lol......It will be fast for the first 5k rpm

Don't worry to much if it breaks it's a reason to build it better
I'm in the process of building a new motor for my car I know I'm on barrowed time with the junk yard motor in my car but they are easy to come by in my area I have been spraying my bottom end for about 3 months but I only turn it to about 5000 I'm also geared 3.73 and I'm on a 275 drag radial

·
Registered
281 Posts
Sorry to jump in on your thread but I have a set of the 2443's that were new 25 years ago and have only run in a cam. Would their weight be acceptable if they were machined down to a flat top and then could H beams maybe live with that weight.
I bought a motor with them and would be a shame not to use them one day since they have done no work

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Plenty of folks have had success running them. Keep the RPMs down or get some good rods. Domes are solid so they can be cut down. The old ones are the good ones from what I've heard. I have the old ones too.

I am running worked truck rods and not scared! My machine shop guy said no problem under 6k and I trust his word

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
This is a fairly mild street / strip build what I was looking for is an estimate of timeslip, nothing exact but 11s? 10.5s? And I know it's not big on this site but we do a lot of it here, so street-raceability...anyone?

·
Registered
666 Posts
It will be a mean street car with a 4.10 gear. My car is a 2000 full interior mustang with junkyard 460 ots cam I'm spraying a 275 direct port with 8.8 3.73 gear on a 28" tire and c6 and I have been walking the dog on this 68 Camaro with 502 bb not sure what all he has but it's not near enough for my junk yard pos

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It will be a mean street car with a 4.10 gear. My car is a 2000 full interior mustang with junkyard 460 ots cam I'm spraying a 275 direct port with 8.8 3.73 gear on a 28" tire and c6 and I have been walking the dog on this 68 Camaro with 502 bb not sure what all he has but it's not near enough for my junk yard pos

That's a great answer!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts