460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my falcon is in need a some paint..but the body is ..so..so..shape..so it without a crap load of body work ..it must be a light coloered color..there is ..white..yellow..maybe bright organge..anything else that is light in color but would look good on this car..

·
Registered
72 Posts
Spend the time on the body work. I know its laborous but well worth it. After all what gets your car noticed quicker than the big block under the hood? As for the color I'm partial to orange. How about hot hues tango over a silver base?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maverick said:
Given the car's vintage, I'd say Wimbledon White. :wink:
i think that is the color of my g-pa;s car

·
Registered
330 Posts
Yeah I said with the vintage of the car White would work really well but of course this is your car, your time, and your money do what you like. Hopefully we can get ours painted sometime soon and were going with a orange and silver stripes of some sort. Again White would look good on the car.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I believe Willow Green is a nice factory light green, '67 Stang or '66 Comet I think. Maybe a flat black hood panel and scoop, ala Cobra Jet, and maybe a black tail light panel too :wink:.

·
Registered
5,319 Posts
I painted my T bucket a Dodge red. It's not the Viper red but the one used on the cars, trucks, vans, everything else. It's not quite as iridescent but it looks great in my opinion. It's called Poppy Red. It's on Jeeps too.

It seems to be pretty forgiving about the body work and it looks fine on my car even though it's fiberglass.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Both Chevy and Ford offer a Perl white. You'll find it on Caddy & Town Cars. The nice thing about this color unlike adding perl to the clear it's a three stage paint. So if it ever becomes sctarched the repair can be done and it will be an easy match.

The pic below is the late evening sun.. It really looks nice under the lights at the track..

·
Registered
456 Posts
My 61 falcon was stock white. I bought base /clear white paint to paint my falcon. The painter who painted my car for free for the exposure, painted my car RED ! He thought that a car that thumps like mine should not be white. I still have the tudor white paint and the falcon is two different colors of red(M. McGoo) from two different batches of red paint... and it rocks!! My car is over the top in response. I am now used to the red and I drive the car every day during the summer. Last week,no joke ,I had a guy thank me for parking in front of his house as I was attending one of his neighbors bbq party. He was way more excited about my car than my wife and I were..Tres

1 - 13 of 13 Posts