460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the economy is not that great, but I had a guy ask if I would sell one of my trucks, I'm pretty sure I would want a lot more than it is worth, but then I got to thinking, what would this thing be worth to some one interested in buying it,

Before I go into the details of the truck I would like to state that I do not have to sell it, & have no intensions of selling it, but anything can go for the right price,

The truck is a 79 Ford F-350 supercab long bed, 4wd,

Everything was rebuilt from the ground up,

Dana 60 front, Ford 10.25 rear
NP205 transfer case,
1997 12 vlave Cummins with a NV4500 5 spd tranny
Skyjacker all spring soft ride 6" lift kit & a 3 body lift (helped with the cummins swap)

40" goodyear MTR tires & 17" alloy wheels

The body is strait, the paint is about 7 years old, but well taken care of, two tone blue & silver, spray in bed liner, bed caps, aluminum Bed box with a 60 gal aux fuel tank that tranfers fuel to the stock tank with a frame mounted fuel pump that is controled by a switch in the cab,
New factory front bumper, & stainless 10 drop bumber on the rear,

The interior was completely redone when the extirior was refinished, it is a matching blue paint, all other intiror pieces are gray, (dash, recovered head liner, seat belts, & new NPI carpet kit) The seats are also grey & came from a 96 Ford supercab,

Other trinkets include A/C, cruise controle, & about $2K worth the stereo equipment,

The engine was rebuilt prior to install, it aslo got a 3gsk, #10 fuel plate, aem intake, & 4" turbo back exhaust,

A 70-75 MPH I've got a best of 18 MPG,

Now here are a couple pics
These pics were taken right before the cummins swap & before the 40" tires were installed

Here are a couple pics while installing the cummins

So, what do you guys think? Again, I doubt it is going anywhere, Just kind of wondering,

Also this truck has made a couple long trips, (the last one was over 3000 miles round trip)

·
Banned
2,451 Posts
My Guess would be $6000 to $8000 or so.

·
Registered
722 Posts
dfree383 said:
My Guess would be $6000 to $8000 or so.
You forgot the 1's in front of those #'s.

I believe if you WANTED to sell it 13-15,000 would be a fair price. I sold my 78 f350 6.9 diesel conversion last year for $13,500. Just the cummins alone should net $2000 on top of that. The people buying this type of vehicle are not the ones hurting for $$. PS If I was one of those people again I'd try to buy it too. NICE ! If you would dare sell it for $6,000 I'm on my way!

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
I'd pay money just to drool on it in person. :lol: $15,000 to $20,000 just because of what it truly is. I had one of those trucks and really wanted to do what you did, but 8 years ago a Cummins was gold standard money, and they 460 swap was more practical. 8)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts