460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Broke an axle today, got hop ( slip/grab ) off the line. Was slight on first few launches, more pronounced on the last/fatal one. Question is what is causing this. I was launching sans burnout ( street tires ). I did a short one on one pass and got no hop, guess was snotty enough not to grab. 3400lbs, 2200 converter, c-6, foot brake, leaving at about 2100rpm. Tires are 31 inch BF Goodrich Silvertown radials running 26lbs pressure. 4 link setup, pinion set about -5deg. 250lb coil-overs. smooth as silk any other time. Any ideas?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
retraction

After about 14 hours of research on this subject, I humbly retract my inquiry. Way to much to get into here. I do have some ideas though. Thanks

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tires was one of the big things, also need to replace the bushings in my 4 link, and see if I can lower my IC, ( That one will be hard ) . Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yea when I first made power with a sbc I went out and did a burnout, hoped out of it and didnt break an axel but did break of the wheel studs and rolled over the tire with the body. :eek: Wheel hop is very hard on things, who new:confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts