460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
dam that was close. been that close to whitetail doe but that aint no moose!

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
I've been there with whitetail,had a button buck sniffing me nose to nose one time.that would be a little close for an animal that big!! I'll bet his heart was thumping!!:D

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Speaking from experience, it definitely gets your blood pumping... I took 2 Bull Elk at less than 5 yds mith my bow...:cool::cool: My brother was with me the 1st time, and my son was with me the 2nd time... You wanna talk about excited, he was only 10 at the time... I wish I'd have taken a picture of his face at the time... Priceless!!!!! Seriously, this is kinda what his expression was...:eek: The color is pretty close too...:D:D

Doug...:cool:

·
Registered
555 Posts
since no one has clarified what it is.....

This is a cow elk. Some buddies and myself loaded up one year and hunted off of ball mountain in Dolores, Colorado. That was my first time to see in person the sheer size of Elk, and especially a bull moose. We managed our first 5x5 bull elk, a couple of grouses...(wild pheasants)......and ALMOST A BLACK BEAR that decided to trail US through the woods. At one point the bear was only 40 yrds from us when we realized it was there. When we stopped to try to "shoo" it away It reared up on its hind legs and I told my buddy "tag or no tag, that S.O.B comes any closer It'll have fletchings hanging out its butt!......After playing who can stare and walk away quickly the fastest we called it a day. What did I learn about Colorado hunting?...Mule deer are either dumb....or just very curious. They stay close enough to hurl rocks at, before they go bouncing off. If the guide tells you there arent any snakes in colorado..assume he's nuts...and if you believe that bull hockey about bears not eating anything dead......Think again, Many elk gut piles and field dressing sites were found throughout are hunting trip, and when you start seeing elk ribs torn and broken backwards.. and entire carcasses minus the shoulder mount part being dragged by something Huge...You start to wonder about trusting that old "play dead" crap.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I hope you're not referring to the Cow MOOSE in the video as a Cow Elk...:D:D:D Elk and Moose are 2 totally different species, and don't even remotely resemble one another... As well as Grouse and Pheasant... Again, 2 totally different species of bird...;):D

·
Registered
555 Posts
damn.....yea your right again....had to watch it twice

I hope you're not referring to the Cow MOOSE in the video as a Cow Elk...:D:D:D Elk and Moose are 2 totally different species, and don't even remotely resemble one another... As well as Grouse and Pheasant... Again, 2 totally different species of bird...;):D

yea doug your right I thought I had seen a cow elk I was watching the video from my front door"smoking outside the house" I watched again after I seen your post and feel rather sheepish lol!.....as far as the grouse I agree.....threw the pheasant thing in just for a reference as one fellow in louisiana had no clue to even what animal i was referring to. A sort of "wild pheasant" was all I could come up with........cheers mate

1 - 8 of 8 Posts