460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You thanked a soldier....?
This is a TV commercial that doesn't get airtime anymore... Why, because it might show our troops that indeed people do care... I get misty everytime I watch it...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7XSp2Y107w

Thank a soldier... Believe me, they'll appreciate it...:)

Doug...:cool:

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Nice one Doug. Yes they do appreciate it very much, and I will always stop and thank every one of them I meet.:)

·
Registered
560 Posts
Every chance I get. Lately that has been quite a few times. I'm working at my local track, and I'm gonna push for anyone holding a military ID gets in free. I hope I can make that happen.

·
Registered
560 Posts
You working with Ed? He has all the no boxers po'ed don't he? Will be up to see you when things settle down.
Yeah, some of them are ok with it, some aren't. I'm doing double/triple duty there, whatever needs done, looking forward to seeing ya!

·
Registered
871 Posts
Thunder chicken, didn't mean to steal your thread, I thanked a soldier today, my niece is home on leave, she just came back from Cuba, she was a guard at getmo, love to hear her talk about the goings on down there, she will be back in your area soon, she's going back to Levenworth, next week.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I have a shirt and a hat that both say "Air Force Dad", whenever I wear them someone always says to tell my daughter how proud they are of her. It makes me feel so good, I hardly know what to say to these people. I pass on the comments every time that I talk to her. She bought the shirt and hat for me and it has made me one proud Dad.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
I used to work at General Dynamics here in London Ontario, Canada. They build the Stryker armored vehicles.

The wife and I were at the local fair and the Canadian military had a display with a couple of the Strykers (we call them LAV's here!). I was looking around the machine and a soldier came up and asked if I had any questions. I told him I had worked at GD and he grabbed my hand and shook it and thanked me. I couldn't believe it, he said that a lot of his friends are alive because of the Strykers. I said thanks but the real thanks belongs to him and the other soldiers who are putting their lives on the line.

Quite a cool, humbling experience.

Bill

·
Registered
377 Posts
Good post Doug, I had two of my buddies come over with their son's. It seems like yesterday we where playing street hockey with them, And I can tell you this im proud of these two MEN, and rest of the US military GOD BLESS.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts