460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to fiqure where to install my sender at.

Does the C6 have a port like the 4R100 does? Or is this going to be a drill and tap ordeal?

What temp is too hot for a c6?

I'm also installing a aluminum rad that doesn't have the trans cooler built in. Would one external cooler be enough?

This is my 2wd f150 that is street/strip mostly strip.

·
Registered
397 Posts
In my bronco setup I have a "T" in the middle of one of the lines, and I run my sender off that. A c6 will not have a port to accept a fitting, you can either do the in line setup or put a bung in your trans pan. Since heat is enemy #1 on trannys, I would say less heat the better, I run one of the B&M coolers with the NPT fittings on it with my combo and it works great

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
prosandguy said:
In my bronco setup I have a "T" in the middle of one of the lines, and I run my sender off that. A c6 will not have a port to accept a fitting, you can either do the in line setup or put a bung in your trans pan. Since heat is enemy #1 on trannys, I would say less heat the better, I run one of the B&M coolers with the NPT fittings on it with my combo and it works great
Is this a cooler without the fan?

I'm not making large hp I figure around 210-250hp yet running a Hughes 43-25HD converter.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I would go off the hot side, so you see the hottest temps in the trans. Just like with a motor, coolant temps from before it goes to the rad, not where it enters the block.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts