460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a 2001 Mustang street/strip car that is currently LS/TH400 swapped but Iam wanting to swap it out for a BBF. I know nothing about the BBF so I need your help picking parts. Goals are a 7 sec street/strip car, single turbo and fuel injection. How much power can the stock block and crank hold? What year block or part number do I look for? Thanks

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Hey guys I have a 2001 Mustang street/strip car that is currently LS/TH400 swapped but Iam wanting to swap it out for a BBF. I know nothing about the BBF so I need your help picking parts. Goals are a 7 sec street/strip car, single turbo and fuel injection. How much power can the stock block and crank hold? What year block or part number do I look for? Thanks
ANY BLOCK WILL GO 950ISH WITH SPLAYED CAPS, BUT tune ups at this power better be getting spot on

any after market block will go well past this,. best to start with an aftermarket block

Have made 850 plus with stock cranks, but I wouldnt tell anyone to do that with all the choices now adays

have been 8'40s at 3200 with stock blocks,and cranks

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
SVO A460
Eliminator Premier Block
CC Aluminium Block
Billet block

How big $$$$ is your pockets?

Cheers, Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts