460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,312 Posts
I like the RPM...

That with a 750 holley will do just fine for your combo...

Remember though you have to be able to get it out before you try and put more in :!:

8)

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im getting the package together so when i put the heads back on i will have the right manifold there, also i noticed the edelbrock say good to 5500 while the wieland says 6700. just wanted to know which manifols was the better option

thanks

·
Premium Member
9,312 Posts
The performer is good to 5,500...

The performer rpm to 6,500 as is the stealth...

8)

·
Premium Member
9,312 Posts
I would use the performer RPM... n/m

n/m

8)

·
Registered
74 Posts
That Intake

Is a twin to the BT, old Shelby. Read once that the BT was a copy of the orginal Shelby. McGoo had both and said by his eyes they were the same. Ifin Scott or Charlie have flowed one or the other they may be able to say one or the other is better.

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
tubais said:
edelbrock or wieland same price but which is better for under 6k rpms
Not enough info...how many cubes are you running? What size cam? Headers? Gears? What will the engine be used for?

For an averge street/strip 460 with an intake duration of [email protected], I would suggest the Performer RPM, or airgap. Unless you have 3.00 gears, then I'd go with the old school Performer. Generally, I'm not a fan of the Stealth in any application unless you get a deal on a used one and you're on a tight budget. Edelbrock has manifolds that are targeted better to specific applications IMO. The Stealth is more of a one size fits all design.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Re: That Intake

Grizzs-N-Code said:
Is a twin to the BT, old Shelby. Read once that the BT was a copy of the orginal Shelby. McGoo had both and said by his eyes they were the same. Ifin Scott or Charlie have flowed one or the other they may be able to say one or the other is better.
I certainly don't want to trust the eyes of anybody named McGoo! :)

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
"Air Gap": is more money but, a better piece.

The "Air Gap" has slightly larger runners than a "Performer RPM" although is exactly the same shape except the carb pad.
It'is much more expensive than the others but, I believe the performance gains are worth it, (dyno tested it was a litle more peak torque at the same RPM but, the max horsepower didn't occur until 400 rpm later and it was almost 20 more; this was with a 521 and C460 FRPP cam).
We ended-up using the "Torquer II" because of projected hood clearance and it was only a very small amount down in power from the "Air Gap" except after peak horsepower it had a bit more 'cause it carried out to a little higher RPM .

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not enough info..
.how many cubes are you running? 466
What size cam? like 485 i think
Headers? soon
Gears?havent found a rearend yet but looking for around 3:50 maybe a little higher not on the 2's
What will the engine be used for? right now cruising and tire spinning

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
My thoughts and experience with the Weiand Stealth intake manifold:
The advertising on the Weiand Stealth intake manifold is very misleading. It claims to support low end torque with its dual plane design and high RPM power with its high rise, long runners. IT CAN DO THIS IF (here's the catch) you're using a large enough camshaft to support the intake velocity of the large (cross section) runners. They don't tell you this! Maybe some of the smarter guys already knew this, but I've heard plenty of others who have been unhappy by installing this manifold. The manifold then responded extremely well with a larger camshaft swap.

The above paragraph is from my factual experience. The next statement is purely an opinion and I don't have any proof to back it up. LOL!

I feel this manifold only performs best with a camshaft of at least 226* duration @ .050" OR BIGGER. Only then, can this excellent intake manifold perform as expected on the street.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/85220/thread/1110943054/Street+use+intake+choice

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was just told to turn my torker1 into an ashtray in another thred, I always had a bad feeling about that manifold, just that id never got any feed back on it. From all the reasearch ive done I think the edelbrock performer RPM is the better choice over the stelth, or a duel plain it makes impresive numbers even over 6000 rpm. i think ill invest in one!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts