460 Ford Forum banner

Which car tire gets the most flats from nails/screws?

• Driver front

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Driver rear

• Passenger front

• Passenger rear

• Total voters
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which tire on your daily driver has been most likely to be the nail/screw magnet for you in the past? For me it sure seems to be the passenger rear tire all most 90-100% of the time.

·
Registered
203 Posts
tires

being a auto tech for a county sherriff garage, we change and repair ALOT of tires....I do find that most screws and nails are in the passenger side....too funny!...I really didn't give it any thought until you made this post....I wonder why?.....LOL

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
As my Daddy explained to me a few years back. most of the garbage on the roads gets blown to the side of the road by traffic. Then as you drive by the front tire hits and stands the nail or screw up and the rear tire picks it up.

Dan

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
TRUKPULR said:
As my Daddy explained to me a few years back. most of the garbage on the roads gets blown to the side of the road by traffic. Then as you drive by the front tire hits and stands the nail or screw up and the rear tire picks it up.

Dan
Same thoughts here. If a nail falls off of a truck and lands in the middle of the lane the passing cars will either pick it up or it will scoot to the edge. The fact that the roads are on a grade with the middle the highest point is probably what keeps it from moving to the middle.

Sounds like a good theory :?:

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
passenger rear is 90% of the time...

As stated crown of road tends to get garbage to roll off center twards edge of road.

Objects don't stand, they are laying, but front tire picks it up, and gets it bouncing, luck of day that the rear tire hits it when its at an angle to penetrate.

If you get lots of front tire flats.........

Back off the guys/gals bumper ahead of you..............

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, the explanations so far of why it's mostly the passenger rear do make more sense than it being a bastard flat tire gremlin having fun screwing with my brain. :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts