460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got mine planted over the last 2 weeks (potatos were planted the week of presidents day)

cucumber (salad (straight 8} and pickling (county fair))
zucchini (black beauty)
yellow squash (crookneck)
butternut squash (Waltham)
3 rows of sweet corn (G-90)
potatos (some type of red)
green beans (bush blue lake)
carrots (???)
swiss chard (seeds form my Dad ???)
bell pepper (california wonder)
tomato (celebrity)
jalapenos (mucho nacho)
okra (will plant 3 weeks from now, they like the hot weather)

and herbs:
oregano
sage
tarragon
rosemary
dill
thyme
parsley

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
1500 acres of garden every year. :lol: We do plant some sweet corn. MIL and grandma plant a garden every year and I get all I want from them. Tomato, green bean, zuchini, cucumber, etc. Buddy of mine planted a 3 acre jalapeno pepper patch last year, helped pick a bunch of it with him.

·
Registered
823 Posts
About all the gardening I do is to "steal" a bunch of my buddies cherry tomatos whenever I drive past and the trees are full of 'em. Got an aloe plant too, that comes in handy when I burn myself. I would like to learn more about plants because most I touch seem to die, so I kinda gave up on it. I think it would be satisfying to grow some of my own food, but gotta get past that whole "black thumb" thing.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Ground is a little hard 35 for the high over the weekend. I waiting, hhmmm no global warming insight, What a surprize. :shock:

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so when does it start warming up over there? We have seen 90 deg already. In a few week we will be close to 100 degrees with 90+% humidity :( I like it cold and don't care for summer much. I think I should have been born in Canada.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
uf63 said:
Ground is a little hard 35 for the high over the weekend. I waiting, hhmmm no global warming insight, What a surprize. :shock:
Got that straight Ben... :lol: :lol: You said global warming :lol: :lol: Hey Stephen, the only time we see 90% humidity here in Montana, is right before it starts snowing... I too would prefer it to be in the 10's-30's all winter and 50'-70's all summer... :wink:

Doug... 8)

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
We are going to get hit Again with SNOW! :cry: The tree's are not even starting to bud yet. My (Northern Suburban Mobile Carbon Credit Service) formally local Lawn's service is taking a hit. :evil: Less $$ to feed the 63 XL 500 and the Crazy88 Mustang projects :cry:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Let's see, onions, broc. asparagus(for my wife)yuk! new strawberry patch, radishes, sweet peas, string beans, in a couple of weeks, sweet corn, bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, tomatos, watermelon, cantalope, cucumbers, lots of different herbs, potatoes. We can about 30 quarts of tomatos and make our own spaghetti sauce along with canning string beans and putting corn in the freezer. Now I'm beginning to see why I haven't much time to work on the car. :?

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Got a blizzard going on here today, I may put off planting for a day or so yet. :shock:

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
schmitty said:
Got a blizzard going on here today, I may put off planting for a day or so yet. :shock:
plant snow peas :D

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
514Fox87 said:
Let's see, onions, broc. asparagus(for my wife)yuk! new strawberry patch, radishes, sweet peas, string beans, in a couple of weeks, sweet corn, bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, tomatos, watermelon, cantalope, cucumbers, lots of different herbs, potatoes. We can about 30 quarts of tomatos and make our own spaghetti sauce along with canning string beans and putting corn in the freezer. Now I'm beginning to see why I haven't much time to work on the car. :?
thats a heck of a garden! I planted twice as much last year and I couldn't even give it away :( I'm going a lot smaller this year :idea:

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
HELP!!!!!!!! Save the children of the poor 460 owners in the north :!: Send you unwanted produce, canned products, pickles, fruit, veg., sauce's, jelly's, jams or any other Homemade pies, cakes, breads. Please my 24 yr old son begs you. :cry: And of course cash$$ is always welcome. Doug if you have too many Set's of heads we will take them and give them to most deserving folk's, UF63 comes to mind (Oh **** that's me) :shock: Well back to the needy. It's cold due to the lack of global warming, it's wet because of too much rain and so and so on. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee at least send the heads and the CASH!! :wink:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts