460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure of body style , but a big and heavy car that flew with a stroker and some ported CJ heads i beleive. I sadly it broke crank and hit the wall at about 80 or faster. It was a very good running motor back in the day and still would be. I beleive it ran in the 6.20s and was very peaky. I still remember it climbing rpms with increasing power. I figured he might even be a member. I beleive i heard it weighed over 3800 lbs . Just one of the first BBF that made me take notice 10 yrs ago or so.,,,,,ED

·
Registered
518 Posts
$

I believe the car of question is pink and white, it competed at the BBF Bash last year. I never seen under the hood, but at the starting line it was exciting to watch! Wheels up stick car, although I believe I seen it later with an automatic.

I spoke with the gentleman at the BBF Bash, if I remember correctly, the car was purchased by his wife in her youth, and has been in the family ever since!

Dave.

·
Registered
271 Posts
The Pink and White one is owned by Bob Mulenbien and is a new body on the old frame off Flashback it is a 2 door sedan and has a 521 BBF had a Blower on it for a while but now has just a Weiand Stealth and 850 Holley

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
56 ford.

I remember the Flashback name now. I heard about ten yrs ago he had a spare body , but havent been around track for yrs. Just would love to know his combo with cast iron heads and all that weight running them times. I would imagine it was over 800 HP and spun it over 8,000 rpms. Wasnt much left after the crash and moved the concrete barrier a few feet. I remember how bad it would be to loose motor and car at same time :cry: ,,,ED

1 - 9 of 9 Posts