460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched the world for a used TFS track heat intake 53400111 with no luck. There must be a set $399.00 for everyone! Does anyone have a cheaper source or does a guy just pay the man for what's good? I have alway's been the type to look for the best deal but I do believe that has come to an end on this article.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Which intake works best for the TFS street heads :?: The street heat or the Edelbrock. is the street heat port matched for TFS heads :?: I know nothing about these heads or their intake :idea: :shock: :roll: Rick

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
BBFmavrick said:
Which intake works best for the TFS street heads :?: The street heat or the Edelbrock. is the street heat port matched for TFS heads :?: I know nothing about these heads or their intake :idea: :shock: :roll: Rick
Rick,

The TFS Street Heat intake manifold matches up perfectly with the TFS Street heads. So no port matching is required.

The TFS Street heat intake manifold works fine and flows good.

The only problem is, that the TFS Street Heat intake manifold is currently availalbe in 4150 square bore Holley carb base pattern only. It is not available in a Dominator pattern carb base.

So, if you want to run a Dominator carb,,,,you need to switch to a FRPP or Edelbrock Victor intake manifold with the Dommy carb pattern.

Hope this helps,

·
Registered
787 Posts
c.evans said:
Rick,

The TFS Street Heat intake manifold matches up perfectly with the TFS Street heads. So no port matching is required.

The only problem is, that the TFS Street Heat intake manifold is currently availalbe in 4150 square bore Holley carb base pattern only. It is not available in a Dominator pattern carb base.

So, if you want to run a Dominator carb,,,,you need to switch to a FRPP or Edelbrock Victor intake manifold with the Dommy carb pattern.

Hope this helps,

can it be "converted" to the 4500?

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Norm,

Good question and some of us are working on it.

1. Randy Malik converted one to a 4500 Dommy, by machine work and redrilling the pattern. IMO the carb pad walls are thin after you do this, because the carb pad was originally intended for the 4150 square bore only, and the sealing surface is marginal.

2. Jet Boat Bob used two spools of wire weld to build up the outer walls of the carb pad for a R&D TFS manifold I've got here now, in order to convert to 4500 Dommy.

3. Ron G. has machined a prototype at TFS and it's being digitized now,,,,tenatitive plans are for a TFS 4500 Dommy manifold sometime in the future. There's stilll flow testing and dyno testing to do, in order to prove the piece, so don't hold your breath.

Hope this helps,

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
c.evans said:
BBFmavrick said:
Rick,

Hope this helps,
Thanks Charlie Thanks, it looks like it would be easier to just port match a Victor/or Ford Racing. :roll:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts