460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

My father and I are planning to build up an 85 thunderbird and stuff in a 545 or 557 big block. However, we are not yet sure who to buy the short block assembly from!

We first though of PAW, but then I wanted to see some reviews on them, and it seems that not many on this site seem to like them.

We were also considering CNC motorsports, but I'm not so sure about them. Then of course there is Ford Performance Solutions, and Coast High Performance...

We're definitely planning to make over 600+ horses and a nasty amount of torque. Basically a street/strip buildup using P-51 heads and either a solid flat or a hydraulic roller cam... and want to use at least 93 oct.

Can anybody let me know of some REALLY good builders that we can get a quality short block assembly from?

·
Registered
290 Posts
there are alot of builders on this site that can get you what you need. Hopefully someone will post them up, as I know i will miss some. Evans Racing engines, Bf evans race parts, JetboatBob.com Cars by carl, reincarnation. there are alot more. rmcomprandy is another I think. sorry to those whom I have missed.
This is a bump back to the top though.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I was doing a little searching late last night and I fell upon Cars by carl, I think Im gonna give him a call and see what goes on from there! But if there are any other good builders, feel free to post.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts