Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,957 Posts
My answer is not on the list, so here goes:

Who will win the Daytona 500?

Some azzhole in a car that looks just like every other car on the track, and has no connection to any production vehicle of any kind.

Greg

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Greg_Pettit said:
Some azzhole in a car that looks just like every other car on the track, and has no connection to any production vehicle of any kind.

Greg
True......But I guess the same can be said about John Force's Mustang funny Cars :roll:

Mike

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Next poll:

Who believes that Micheal Waltrip and those other two that got caught were the only ones fudging the rules during qualifying???

The art of rule book interpretation and downright sneakiness has reached the ultimate at the Nascar races. Those good old boys have alway's done it, alway's will. Its part of the deal. Dont think it doesnt happen at any other races :roll:

That being said I still like to watch and would love to attend a race in person.

I dont care what you say 3500 plus pounds, 4-10 inch tires, 4 thimble sized carburetor venturi's, 42 cars, 180 mph plus, door handle to door handle, wfo through the high banks.

Cheating or no, there is some serious stuff going on.

I have alway's been a major drag race fan but Nascar still impresses me.

dkp

·
Premium Member
1,957 Posts
dirt_worker said:
Greg_Pettit said:

Greg
True......But I guess the same can be said about John Force's Mustang funny Cars :roll:

Mike
I completely agree. However, at least that racing is interesting. Still, I enjoy watching the Sportsman classes the best.

The Nostalgia classes are awesome, those guys actually have to drive AND shift without the benefit of 14 onboard computers and shifters that have more buttons than a saxaphone.

Just my opinion,,

Greg

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
bosshoss said:
That being said I still like to watch and would love to attend a race in person.
It's like football in the respect that the best seat is in your living room.

But you have to go to at least one. I've been to Atlanta a few times and Bristol once. Although I don't like short tracks in general...As far as being able to see most of the action from the stands... Bristol is the best place to spectate. Take some ear plugs AND ear muffs.

Always wanted to party in the infield at Talladega, but havn't done it...(yet).

·
Registered
107 Posts
You want to party in the infield at Talladega????

Would you like to take your car out and try Talladega? My Mustamg club and a club out of Atlanta has rented the track for June 2nd...You want to try it, just let me know....

It costs $160.00 for 6 20 minute runs.......We did it last year, and it was a blast....

I have all the info. if any here is interested.

I think I am going to take my Lightning this year and put it thru it's paces...

Steve
President of Southern Mustang and Ford CLub
Charleston, SC

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I have been to Daytona for the 500 & firecracker 400 & Michigan speedway twice.
Have driven around the Indy 500 track that was amazing to stop in turn 3 and feel the lean of the banking. :D

·
Banned
4,325 Posts
you know I have been thinking about the difference between Drag Races and nascar in Drag Racing you line up at the starting line hit it and go as hard as you can for 660 (1/8 mile) or 1320 (1/4 mile) where you determine the winner.

Ok now in Nascar they start from a roll and drive over the finish line 500 time before someone realizes where it is, and that the race is over.

Randy

·
Registered
720 Posts
You know i like all kinds of motor racing,but i wish in cicle track racing they would quit saying "its a drag race down the straight". most round trackers dont even have a clue what it takes to get a 800HP car down the track from a standing start. But anyway i do like to watchem still.......ron

·
Registered
902 Posts
If you think that's bad

Try getting 1200 hp[ all ford of course!] hooked to a dirt track, least you're on pavement!

·
Registered
357 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
Matt Robison said:
I would argue road racing is closert to drag racing than oval racing. Road racing uses more gears. NASCAR puts on a good show in certain respects, but it would be nice if the would allow the cars to have more performance.

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=1a2bd0109dd71c13c43d91cb7a83575b.1572432

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=1a2bd0109dd71c13c43d91cb7a83575b.1212808

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=1a2bd0109dd71c13c43d91cb7a83575b.1215543
It tickles me the way the NASCAR guys complain about smallest debris on the road course. When a true road race driver would only make mental notes on where the debris is and not to hit it! I enjoy watching NASCAR on the road cousres but they can't help but come across as pampered racers.

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
Lem Evans said:
I was a fan of martin / roush for 19 years ....at this point....after 10s of millions of $s , mark should be able to get by with out my support .
I was a Martin fan myself, but I would have to say NASCAR did wrong by not going by their own rules and throwing the yellow flag. Maybe Mark would have own, maybe not! The point was they should stick to their own rules.

·
Registered
357 Posts
jones said:
Matt Robison said:
I would argue road racing is closert to drag racing than oval racing. Road racing uses more gears. NASCAR puts on a good show in certain respects, but it would be nice if the would allow the cars to have more performance.

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=1a2bd0109dd71c13c43d91cb7a83575b.1572432

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=1a2bd0109dd71c13c43d91cb7a83575b.1212808

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=1a2bd0109dd71c13c43d91cb7a83575b.1215543
It tickles me the way the NASCAR guys complain about smallest debris on the road course. When a true road race driver would only make mental notes on where the debris is and not to hit it! I enjoy watching NASCAR on the road cousres but they can't help but come across as pampered racers.
It seems they often throw the yellow at the slightest provocation or perhaps make up reasons to do it because it bunches the field and improves the show. I think the range of driving talent in NASCAR is particularly evident on road courses and am always impressed by how good the top drivers are even though it is not their regular gig.

For instance, Hamlin's performance in Mexico last year was great indicator of his focus and talent and proved to be a good indicator of his potential for greater success.

As far as being primadonnas, I think it is a characteristic that can be found amongst many that experience fame (or what they think is fame) early in life and is a sign of insecurity.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts