460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figure I'm either the biggest ***** on Earth or women just don't get it. I mean honestly, what's so hard to understand about "It was here before you and it'll be here after you"? Personally I work full time and go to school full time. This leaves me with precious little free time, yet it seems any time I decide to spend my free time either working on my car, or drinking with my buddies, or some combination there of... I get reamed out by the woman.

Heaven forbid after a 16 hour day between work and school I want to spend two hours working on my car before sleep, and don't have time to "cuddle". Oh my goodness, I really get it when I spend a whole Saturday with my car, or even worse, riding my dirt bike. Then I'm really in deep trouble. Maybe I need a new woman? Oh how I envy those of you with girlfriends/wives who take an interest in things with engines.

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
I had to have it out with mine again over the"racing", she knew what she was gettin into before we signed on the dotted line..............

·
Registered
562 Posts
mine has no interest in cars or trucks and doesn't like it when I spend time on them but deals with it as I do spend time with her
you sound like you just don't have time for a woman in your life

you have a 16 hour day of work/school

leave 8 hours in a day and you sleep some of this as well

1. you prefer to drink with your buddys
2. work on car
3 ride the dirt bike

doesn't leave much time for her

like anything else if you don't give her any attention she will go away and find it elsewhere

you have a decision to make either spend more time with her and a little less on the stuff you want to do or break it off with her so she can find a guy willing and able to give her the attention she needs

it is all about prioritys

something nice about having a female companion in your life that
the car, drinking buddys or playing on the bike can't give you

·
Registered
225 Posts
I must be pretty lucky then. My wife is out in the shop helping me whenever I work on my Bronco. Before I met her she didn't even know what NHRA was and now she doesn't miss a race. She calls me at work and let's me know what's going on if I have to work a Sunday and can't watch the race with her. I took her to Route 66 and she had to get John and Ashley Force's autograph before we could leave. Now we have a 13 month old daughter and she's out in the shop with us too. I'm a very lucky man that's for sure.. One more thing, she's an awesome cook too.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I met my wife at the track, she has her own car that she races (2003 supercharged Mach1) so she totally understands the time and money thing..

however....

its not always a blessing. my wife knows the cool ****, the expensive parts.....and she wants them too, just like I do. so careful what you ask for

oh yeah, my first wife hated cars so I divorced her:)!!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Women...wiring by Lucas! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
cadunkle said:
Maybe I need a new woman?

Edit :

Relationships are a "give and Take" if you care about her, you will make some changes to find a balance that works for you both.

Thoughtful advice - Someone of the best things in life are the ones you take for granted. It isn't until their missing that your understand their real value.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Simple solution here...Involve her in all the stuff you like to do. If she shows no interest then you're not compatible, cut her loose cause it's all down hill from there. If you'd rather not include her in things then it's your problem, not hers. Cut her loose before she wastes the rest of her life being unhappy. It's not a matter of finding a NEW woman...it's do you need A woman.

·
Registered
6,970 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Homespun91 said:
Women...wiring by Lucas! :mrgreen:
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Relationships are give and take. If one party does all the giving and the other all the taking, it ain't gonna work.

·
Registered
456 Posts
If you love this woman and she you, it could be worth the investment. I have been down the road you are on and almost never is it completely smooth. If you are doing stuff that she sees as "your" stuff and not hers... trouble. Just do stuff that takes a few minites here and there to do, stuff like empty the dishwasher, make the bed..etc. Then go riding. No woman wants to be a cooking and cleaning maid while somebody is out doing "other" things. Just start with some small tasks to show her you care about her world. She will notice. Best of luck !! Tres...

·
Banned
4,325 Posts
sounds like you are doing all the taking and she is doing all the giving... sounds like your a little selfish, if you haven't got any room to give for her you don't need a woman in your life...she isn't your slave.

JMHO
Randy

·
Registered
414 Posts
Then again, maybe you are a *****! :twisted:

My last one didn't like it much, but she would go to races with me. The new one wants her own racecar! Night and day difference. I went thru several girlfriends while in school - you really don't have enough time working full time and school. I think you should make more time for her but I might be getting soft in my old age...

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Everyone has different life styles, you have to live yours the way you see best and reap the results.
When I work an eight hour day I come home and go straight to the garage for two hours, (after saying hello to my family) after the two hours the rest of the night belongs to my wife and little girl, on weekends I spend no more than 6-8 hours in the garage each day and the rest of the weekend with my family. If I work more than eight hours or work on the weekend the garage stays closed. This has worked great for me, and my wife has no interest in racing or engines. You would be surprised how much you can get done on this schedule when you know that you have to stay busy the whole time your in the garage.

Well that's my .02.

S

·
0 Posts
Wife helps me load the car on the trailer. She makes sure we have good stuff to munch on at the track. She will make me a sandwich while I'm working on the car or go get a water while I'm in the staging lanes if I ask..

She help with the hood and even helps me wash & wax the car during the week..

She was my very first girlfriend and I knew her when I was 12 years old. I was racing go-karts at the time..

She enjoys our time at the track..

Les

·
Registered
587 Posts
I gotta pretty good wife too. helps with the car, like going to the races, I dont think it get much better then that, I am lucky :wink:

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
cadunkle said:
I figure I'm either the biggest ***** on Earth or women just don't get it. I mean honestly, what's so hard to understand about "It was here before you and it'll be here after you"? Personally I work full time and go to school full time. This leaves me with precious little free time, yet it seems any time I decide to spend my free time either working on my car, or drinking with my buddies, or some combination there of... I get reamed out by the woman.

Heaven forbid after a 16 hour day between work and school I want to spend two hours working on my car before sleep, and don't have time to "cuddle". Oh my goodness, I really get it when I spend a whole Saturday with my car, or even worse, riding my dirt bike. Then I'm really in deep trouble. Maybe I need a new woman? Oh how I envy those of you with girlfriends/wives who take an interest in things with engines.
And then they have the nerve to start bitching when you suggest they bring a girlfriend over for a threesome or maybe a stranger. I don't get them either....

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
I think a good woman should get it every night :!: :idea: :oops: :oops: :oops:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts