460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why is there so much spam now with the new owners? it was never like this before, now its everywhere, i thought when you registered you had to get verified with a legit email address

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
why is there so much spam now with the new owners? it was never like this before, now its everywhere, i thought when you registered you had to get verified with a legit email address
Sorry to inform you... but it has nothing to do with the new owners. It has been a problem many times in the past, it just seems to get worse some time more than others. There were times when Jones and Chilly may have taken a 3 day weekend and a majority of the topics were infested. It gets cleared up once a moderator gets wind of it. No use asking the bots why they are there, and honestly, as grown adults... we should know better than to click on any link that mentions Cameron Diaz naked (etc) when in a car forum. lol

Don't blame the new guys for this problem.

Tom

·
Registered
90 Posts
I noticed on a few forums, they require all new members to introduce themselves or their account gets deleted. Some limit new accounts posting privliges until an admin enables it after an intro(i.e. unable to post links until 10 posts). It would probably cut down on most of the spam.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts