460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 81 coupe with a 4 link,4.56 gears,30x13.50 tire, glide,and yates headed sbf car runs 5.40s best 60ft is 1.34 . everyone in class is mostly stock suspension and thier 60fts are 1.18 to 1.26.if i added a anti-roll bar do you think it would help my 60 ft?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey wldstang, there are alot of variables that can and will affect 60ft times, track conditions, tire pressure, launch rpms, suspension set-up etc.
I would however take some baseline runs with your current set up and log them, then change "one" thing only (eg tire pressure), run it again and log that run against your baseline. When you have tuned your existing suspension for max wieght transfer, use this for your new baseline.
This is long winded (Im sorry) lol but you may have potential to get more out of your current set up before you spend money on new parts.

An anti-roll bar will have a positive impact on your 60 ft times if you decide to install one (check class rules to see if it is allowed first). The Anti-roll bar will help plant both rear tires equally.

good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts