460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So NA i've gone 10.04 @ 133 w/ a 1.36 60'.

28" slicks with 3.89 gear was crossing traps @ about 6900 rpm

Getting ready to install 150 cheater shot and change gear to a 3.50. How much of a difference you think I should expect?

According to calculators (not factoring slipage) I should not be turning 5400rpm @ 154 mph.

I believe I will really be waking this car up! What you think?

·
Registered
586 Posts
seen your car on youtube a lot! I would get me a pg trans in there for one, and put the 3.50 in there! make sure you put the 1.80 first gear in the pg. a 150 shot cheater system ain't nothing for a bbf! get the glide in there and sneak up on the nos up to 200hp shot easy! then that car will run low 9's high 8's, you will see!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
seen your car on youtube a lot! I would get me a pg trans in there for one, and put the 3.50 in there! make sure you put the 1.80 first gear in the pg. a 150 shot cheater system ain't nothing for a bbf! get the glide in there and sneak up on the nos up to 200hp shot easy! then that car will run low 9's high 8's, you will see!
Thanks. PG would be down the road. I know the 150 would be nothing for the motor but I have to start somewhere.:D

·
Registered
586 Posts
well start out with the low shot, see what it goes threw the traps at on motor! then factor in the nos with that gear you have. And if it traps to high with the gear that's in there! if to much gear then come down until you switch trans! you don't want to be in the high 7000-7500rpm going threw! bbf don't need to rpm that high to make power!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well start out with the low shot, see what it goes threw the traps at on motor! then factor in the nos with that gear you have. And if it traps to high with the gear that's in there! if to much gear then come down until you switch trans! you don't want to be in the high 7000-7500rpm going threw! bbf don't need to rpm that high to make power!
No I don't think it will go that high. Even with a loose converter. Will be interesting to say the least.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
the 150 will help you more than you think, we put 342's in our firebird took out 373's because on the smack the 373's were running out, 9.20's @ 145. with the 342's it went 8.80's @ 152. but with the 342's it slowed down on motor, so good luck and always jet fat at first then lean on it

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
the 150 will help you more than you think, we put 342's in our firebird took out 373's because on the smack the 373's were running out, 9.20's @ 145. with the 342's it went 8.80's @ 152. but with the 342's it slowed down on motor, so good luck and always jet fat at first then lean on it
thanks for the tip.:) gonna use the recommended fuel tune per the kit and also using AR32 plugs. Timing will be locked @ 28*

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This sucks change in plans! So went to do the gear swap and wouldn't you know, they sent me the wrong ring and pinion. The pinion gear they sent was a 28 spline, I need a 35 spline pinion gear. They don't offer in a 3.50 set so now I have to wait for the new 3.60 gear!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts